Where are you planning to bike tour in 2018 - somewhere familiar or somewhere new?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bike Adventurer

I am going to go where I have been pining to get back to for years, the West of Ireland. Quiet roads, old world feel, fantastic food, excellent drink! Friendly people, oh yes, can't wait. The area around Connemara, the Aran Islands and the Burren is perfect to explore by bike. I used to visit there when I was young. And Galway City has a lovely refreshing feel to it.

albal

Guru
Just booked a flight to Victoria BC. Flying back to Gatwick from St. John's NF. Canada. Better get arse in gear, x4months til depart. + x2 months til Touring festival.!!

Redlight

Bits of Colorado/Wyoming - only day rides as I will be travelling with the family in a RV, but I am sure I'll be able to find the odd hill to tackle. Then some solo meandering in southern California, between LA and the border.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Probably now Autumn I'm looking at doing Route 46 in Switzerland around Lake Geneva ..
Quite a gentile route but stunning scenery so I'm seeing friends/family interested in doing it with me ..

theloafer

Legendary Member
talked the g/f into the lochs and glen route ^_^ (north) Glasgow-inverness this July accommodation booked just need to work out the best way to get to the start and then back home :okay:

SteveF

Just sorted a mini tour starting 30th June, (will be my first outside of England) , Dunkirk, Ghent then back towards the coast and a fair bit of the LF1 to the Hoek.

Ferries are booked as is accommodation (hotels with ability to flex them if needed)

Very leisurely plod over six days .. Looking forward to it tremendously. .

Kosong

Was hoping to cycle the Rheine from its source in switzerland back to Bristol UK with a few stop offs but i just dont thnk i'll have the time this year. I have some backdated pay from an old job coming at some point in the next year so Im now leaning towards just doing a few short trips as and when this year and saving to do a big Europe tour next summer :smile:

Top Bottom