Where are you planning to bike tour in 2018 - somewhere familiar or somewhere new?

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Bimble, 6 Oct 2017.

Tags:
  1. robing

robing Senior Member

I'm also doing a central European tour in june. Get the bike bus to Macon, then cycle through Switzerland, Liechtenstein and head back home via Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. Have 5 weeks. Plus I'm doing Caen to Nice with Peak Tours in August :smile:

Andy in Germany likes this.
  2. robing

robing Senior Member

Me too! A Trans USA trip is on my bucket list too, maybe 2019. I'd do the northern tier for various reasons so would need longer.
    What will the weather be like for you when you are going Jay C? Pretty mixed I would have thought from very cold to very warm?

Last edited: 20 Jan 2018
  3. clid61

clid61 Über Member

Thinking of flying to Corfu. Jump the ferry to Albania and ride up th coast to Split via Kotor :}

4. albal

albal Veteran

Ride to Clitheroe for the touring festival, then Hull to Rotterdam by ferry. Into Germany then south for a bit turn right and up through France to Cherbourg.

5. robing

robing Senior Member

See you there.

albal likes this.
  6. clid61

clid61 Über Member

Booked fly out to Corfu end august hop ferry over to Albania .Ride up the coast to dubrovnik ( hopefullly) then back down to Kotor stay there a night or two then fly back into manchester all in 2 weeks . some wild camping some guest houses . cant wait . Busy planning routes to upload onto etrex 20 , taking paper map too for reference . Any advice welcome :smile:

Sixmile likes this.
  7. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I’m looking at 2 mini tours....
    Deal to Isle of Sheppy and Deal to Canvey. Living the dream :-)

robing, GM and Blue Hills like this.
  8. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

Fab Foodie likes this.
  9. Fab Foodie

Glad somebody gets it!

Blue Hills likes this.
  10. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Guru

:smile:
    A vid of a lee brilleaux walking tour is also on youtube. Doubtless you know about it.

Fab Foodie likes this.
  11. Fab Foodie

I do....

Blue Hills likes this.
  12. mergirl101

mergirl101 New Member

Arran is fabulous!

uphillstruggler likes this.
  13. mergirl101

mergirl101 New Member

Going back to France for about 5 weeks in late July, still agonising over where to go this time! Thinking maybe the Velodyssee to Royan then down the Gironde to Bordeaux.

jay clock and robing like this.
  14. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

I did a chunk of the Velodyssee from ST Nazaire to Spain. Variable in markings, and an over-keen sticking to the coast - I short cut a few bits. see here https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=2fV&doc_id=11271&v=P1

15. tyreon

tyreon Active Member

Canvey Island,thats boondock country. Fascinating. Thatsa sociological tour of Kent and UKs forgotten underbelly. Hidden Britain. See,note,record,enjoy. The forgotten peoples here are as interesting as those displaced in Detroit. Mostly ignored. Interesting mini tour

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice