Where are you planning to bike tour in 2018 - somewhere familiar or somewhere new?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robing

Über Member
I'm also doing a central European tour in june. Get the bike bus to Macon, then cycle through Switzerland, Liechtenstein and head back home via Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium. Have 5 weeks. Plus I'm doing Caen to Nice with Peak Tours in August :smile:

robing

Über Member
I'll follow this with interest, health permitting then 2019 will my year for a trans USA trip.

2018 it's looking like a Baltic June trip for me and my cousin, never been there and the World Cup is on in Kaliningrad. I have short solo tour around Alicante in January too.:okay:
Me too! A Trans USA trip is on my bucket list too, maybe 2019. I'd do the northern tier for various reasons so would need longer.
What will the weather be like for you when you are going Jay C? Pretty mixed I would have thought from very cold to very warm?

Last edited:

albal

Guru
Ride to Clitheroe for the touring festival, then Hull to Rotterdam by ferry. Into Germany then south for a bit turn right and up through France to Cherbourg.

clid61

Veteran
Thinking of flying to Corfu. Jump the ferry to Albania and ride up th coast to Split via Kotor :}

Booked fly out to Corfu end august hop ferry over to Albania .Ride up the coast to dubrovnik ( hopefullly) then back down to Kotor stay there a night or two then fly back into manchester all in 2 weeks . some wild camping some guest houses . cant wait . Busy planning routes to upload onto etrex 20 , taking paper map too for reference . Any advice welcome :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Canvey Canvey past,

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkt_D75b1fc

Canvey future?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Uroml1xRvw

Maybe an hasidic rock sound to come.

Have meant to pedal there for a while, ta for the reminder foodie

Glad somebody gets it!

mergirl101

I don't have a destination yet but after seeing the thread about the Isle of Arran, I like the look of that.

a trip across Belgium to place a memorial at my great uncles grave is another option.

I've promised myself (and the other members of the UHS family that ill have a week away with the bike on my own)

I like the idea of jumping on a train with the bike and seeing a completely different area from the saddle. I pass through lots of places in the course of my job and am always looking at it wondering what the locals etc are like. I think this sort of trip will be the best way of finding out. from experience, people are generally friendly if you take the time to stop and chat.
Arran is fabulous!

tyreon

Canvey Island,thats boondock country. Fascinating. Thatsa sociological tour of Kent and UKs forgotten underbelly. Hidden Britain. See,note,record,enjoy. The forgotten peoples here are as interesting as those displaced in Detroit. Mostly ignored. Interesting mini tour

Top Bottom