Where are you planning to bike tour in 2018 - somewhere familiar or somewhere new?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I shall peruse some maps etc. Cheers!
If you wanted to go further north to Grenoble, a good way to go would be north from Léoncel to St Jean & Pont-en-Royans, up the Gorges de la Bourne to Villard-de-Lans, and then drop down into Grenoble. That'd be a stunning route, and worth every metre of climbing. Lots of history there too, of the Resistance in WW2. Worth reading Paddy Ashdown's The Cruel Victory if you're into that sort of stuff.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
I shall peruse some maps etc. Cheers!
Incidentally, you'll see the route also goes through Beaumes de Venise... ;)

The Lone Rider

I have got to Hendaye so far and staying at maybe Irun on the Friday night I then got to Tuesday for the boat back from Santander. Its still a bit all over the place where I will be staying only confirmed place is a campsite in Ponchateau and a warmshower host in Angles. Its a bit to earlier for any other host to commit, which I understand. I am not sure to break down my first two days into three, and then just go with the flow.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have an invite to a friend’s house in Sarrancolin in the Hautes Pyrenees. The current thinking is:

Chorley > London > Portsmouth (train) > St Malo (ferry) > Sarrancolin (cycle tour) followed by a week’s climbing before flying home from Toulouse.

keithaitch

Veteran
Currently planning Girona to Mont Ventoux. An Indian meal and some beer later in October is required to complete the detailed planned,
Has this progressed? Are you using the bike bus? I live in Barcelona and have a house near Beziers so if you want local route knowledge is be happy to help. Fwi my trip fue next year, ayer this year's teams Pyrenees, is Girona, Berga, tremp, col de. Mente, Foix, Beziers. A sublime climbers route, 15000m of climb.

avsd

Guru
Hi Keith

Thanks for the offer. Yes the trip is on and we are flying from Dublin to Girona. I will post some details of our proposed route over the Christmas period as the planning is still a work in progress despite a rather nice Indian meal last month.

keithaitch

Veteran
Hi Keith

Thanks for the offer. Yes the trip is on and we are flying from Dublin to Girona. I will post some details of our proposed route over the Christmas period as the planning is still a work in progress despite a rather nice Indian meal last month.

Top Bottom