Where are you planning to bike tour in 2018 - somewhere familiar or somewhere new?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toffee

Guru
Main tour next year is a LEJOG. Had to call off this year's due to Mrs T breaking her wrist.

Hopefully next year will be more successful

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Maybe a drive down to Chateau Neuf du pape, then do a tour from there to somewhere and back. Then we get to fill the car with wine for the return journey (not that I drink wine)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've had a Calais - Ypres - Hoek tour on my to-do list for a while. Equally, I fancy Dole / Geneva / somewhere else - home.
If it's just a weekend I'll probably do Derbyshire rail trails again.
I thoroughly enjoyed that, although the friendly pub that I was based in may have played a part.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If you do it, let me know, as I've got a few suggestions of places to stay/eat etc. I did the reverse - Hoek/Rotterdam to Calais via Middelburg, Bruge and Ypres - a few years ago.
Cheers sweetie. I may well take you up on that.
I'm aiming to go tailwind-assisted, hence starting at Calais.

Not too sure yet... we're certain to take bikes to the Isle of Skye for our wedding & honeymoon (if you can call that 'touring'?!) then there's the yet-to-be-announced Fridays tour (possibly in France :whistle:). I'm sure we'll think of something.

RobinS

Veteran
Early thoughts are travel by car or Train to Southern Germany or Northern Austria, start cycling south from there - Italian Dolomites, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro and hopefully as far as Albania before heading home - just need to make sure we have enough money for three months again.

robing

Über Member
After several European tours thinking of doing some more at home next year. Scotland, Wales and Ireland all appealing.

I have a plan. It's been a plan for a long time but with both boys now at Uni I might just be able to persuade Mrs C to go for it. I've always wanted to do the Outer Hebrides from bottom to top, having done part of it in the past and having read a number of reports about it from people on here. I would combine it with seeing son1 in London, what the heck, I hear you say but part of the plan involves getting the sleeper train up to Scotland. I'd like to do it next June/July but the work on persuading Mrs C begins now......

June/July ????? are the dreaded Scottish cleggs and midgies around in the Outer Hebrides, if so they can make life like living hell.

jurjan

Über Member
The plan for 2018 is Kyrgyzstan, maybe a bit of Kazakhstan, or even a bit of the Pamir highway.

The main route idea at the moment is flying to Almaty (Kazakhstan), cycling to Karakol, Balykchy, Naryn, Bishkek, ending at Almaty before flying home.
We should have four weeks.

Anybody any suggestions as to what to see?
What to avoid?

Top Bottom