Where are you touring this summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I finally get to reply to this thread because I've finally got my summer touring sorted - we're going to the midi-pyrenees ie Perpignan, Narbonne, Beziers, and then inland and up into the hills. Yay!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Kirstie said:
I finally get to reply to this thread because I've finally got my summer touring sorted - we're going to the midi-pyrenees ie Perpignan, Narbonne, Beziers, and then inland and up into the hills. Yay!

Excellent.

See you in Carcassonne:biggrin:

Pottsy

Got mine planned now!

Fly 27th April to Rome, bike in a box.

Cycle up to Tuscany, Sarteano for a wedding - 4 days with friends.

Then onward and upward (no detailed plan) towards central, northern Italy. Turn left ;), across to the Alps. Over the Alps (gulp) into France.

Bike Express bus back from Valence (near Grenoble) on 18th July.

3 weeks total, tent and stuff. Flexible plan. Any comments on places to visit appreciated.

Pottsy

Anthony

Pottsy said:
Got mine planned now!

Fly 27th April to Rome, bike in a box.

Cycle up to Tuscany, Sarteano for a wedding - 4 days with friends.

Then onward and upward (no detailed plan) towards central, northern Italy. Turn left :biggrin:, across to the Alps. Over the Alps (gulp) into France.

Bike Express bus back from Valence (near Grenoble) on 18th July.

3 weeks total, tent and stuff. Flexible plan. Any comments on places to visit appreciated.

Pottsy

I think you might have missed your flight! ;)

Pottsy

Anthony said:
I think you might have missed your flight! ;)

Ha! Correct. Well actually I meant June (he says whilst double checking his booking just in case :o).

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, I've had mine - 800 miles in a loop from Le Havre to Confolens, then over to St Aiguillon sur Mer, and up to St Malo.

Boo. My holiday's all done.:smile:

Better start planning for next year....:smile:

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
Well, I've had mine - 800 miles in a loop from Le Havre to Confolens, then over to St Aiguillon sur Mer, and up to St Malo.

Boo. My holiday's all done.:smile:

Better start planning for next year....:smile:

Ah, but the memories sustain you for a while! I'm off bright and early on Thursday:tongue::becool:

Only a little one for me this year. I just did 280 odd miles through the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. T'was a very hilly week indeed. I nearly coughed up a lung at the top of Hardknott Pass, 30% grade all the way:ohmy:

P6180245.jpg

Anthony

elduderino said:
Only a little one for me this year. I just did 280 odd miles through the Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District. T'was a very hilly week indeed. I nearly coughed up a lung at the top of Hardknott Pass, 30% grade all the way:laugh:

Nice! That's the steepest hill in England isn't it? Did you manage it without stopping?:smile:

Anthony said:
Nice! That's the steepest hill in England isn't it? Did you manage it without stopping?:wacko:

I believe it is yeah. I would love to say I'd made it all the way without stopping...but it was near on impossible. I did cycle it all, but I stopped a couple of times to get my breath back.

I did Wrynose Pass and Harknott Pass in succession. On Wrynose Pass I had to take my bike for a walk on a couple of parts:blush:, it was 25% and seemed to go on forever. Whereas Hardknott was shorter but steeper.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/elduderino12/?action=view&current=P6180226.jpg
P6180226.jpg

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l137/elduderino12/?action=view&current=P6180237.jpg
P6180237.jpg

My mate who did it with me somehow did both without stopping. He's 17 years older than me too:bravo:

Top Bottom