Where could I get methylated spirit from in my local town?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J-Lo

for the trangia... any ideas?

Cheers

ps. its a market town (Diss) so not much choice lol

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
for the trangia... any ideas?

Cheers

ps. its a market town (Diss) so not much choice lol

Chemist?
Hardware shop?
Camping shop?

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Scruffy looking bloke goes into chemist and ask for a bottle of meths. Chemist looks at him and accuses him of wanting it to drink so refuses him. After much pleadong and explaining he is scruffy as he is doing some decorating and needd the meths to clean his brushes. The chemist apologises and relents and says he can have a bottle and reaches under the counter. Scruff stopshim and asks. ''Can I have one from the cold shelf?'' :tongue:

Davidc

Guru
Just take some from a vagrant in the local park - one that's too far gone to complain.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Isn't the purple dye in meths an emetic - you could try drinking it, but would'nt get very far :thumbsup:

I heard that if you chop both ends off a baguette, hold it vertical and pour the meths through, it filters out the purple.
Never tried it though.

C

chillyuk

I'm a regular trangia user so a regular purchaser of Meths, also for pre-heating my Tilly lamps when beach fishing. Thinking about the comments re drinking the stuff, and the price of it nowadays it would not be a lot dearer to buy the real thing (booze not meths).

Top Bottom