Where Did Muddy Fox go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Interestingly, Karrimor still make some quality products which they sell in Sports Direct. I assume they may still be selling this stuff elsewhere.

Karrimor went bust ten years ago, is just a name now .

subaqua

What’s the point
funnily enough the karrimor boots i have , that were bought in yeomans of all places on holiday as a stop gap measure, to replace a pair of Scarpa boots that lasted less than a week before the upper and the sole parted company, are still going strong and are not leaky

albion

Guru
I bought some Karrimor trainers a couple of years back.
They looked fine with no lurid pretend fashion about them.

However I made the mistake of using them for training (well walking). The soles were far too soft and they hardly lasted 100 miles.

U

User6179

funnily enough the karrimor boots i have , that were bought in yeomans of all places on holiday as a stop gap measure, to replace a pair of Scarpa boots that lasted less than a week before the upper and the sole parted company, are still going strong and are not leaky

I had a pair for years and the upper was still great but the sole was worn , wish I had just got them resoled , the newer version felt great and was waterproof but had a cheap sole which holed in a month .

ayceejay

Guru
Once upon a time companies like Muddy Fox were owned by individuals who had something of themselves invested in their company rather than the impersonal owned by shareholders corporations that exist today. I had a Muddy Fox in the 80's (in pink no less) that cost me £600. and it was a lot of fun I also ran in Nike LDV shoes that I was so pleased with I wrote to Nike telling them so, they replied with a tee-shirt but nowadays they are just like all the rest. It seems like you have to buy from a good company before the word gets out - they expand - get taken over by vultures and bingo!

U

User6179

I bought some Karrimor trainers a couple of years back.
They looked fine with no lurid pretend fashion about them.

However I made the mistake of using them for training (well walking). The soles were far too soft and they hardly lasted 100 miles.

That the £20 ones , my m8 says they are only good for driving in ^_^

Firestorm

Veteran
Iirc Muddy fox were bought initially by universal cycles some time in the late 90's
Ashley bought Universal in 2008
Universal sponsored the North stand at southend Utd for some years and there was always one of the risqué MF adverts (model in thong on mtb) in the programme every week

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
If I'm honest the quality of the fox doesn't seem too bad, I have a pair of shorts and a set of gloves and the quality keeps me going with a smile warm fingers and a well wrapped waist and a padded bottom (so to speak)! haha I do wish they'd expand the range though towards a few road bike parts. the sales would benefit.. Road bikes are VERY popular round these parts at the moment!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I remember having a Courier Comp and it was a cracking bike, think it cost me a fortune at the time as I was still at school and paying back my folks for it. Sadly someone decided to steal it from the front garden one morning and that was the last that I ever seen of it

Me too, in lurid green. 11 years of commuting on that. Great bike, I think it cost me about £360 around '88-89.

Paid less for my current commute bike in 2007.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have a Muddy Fox Courier in horrid 80s colour scheme, acquired as bear frame and built up with a Shinano 8 speed hub gear. Currently on the substitute bench but it will be back in service in the not too distant future when I re-fit my other MTB with some better components I've gathering up for it. I've put a few thousand miles on it over the years including a 5 day tour.

Top Bottom