Where do you put your bicycle when catching the bus?

Where do you put your bicycle when catching the bus?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm always unsure what to do with my bike when I cycle to the bus stop? I can't take my bike onto the bus as the buses do not allow it. Do you guys have any similar problems?

spen666

Legendary Member
I have a bike, why do I need to get the bus?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
I've had that problem...cycling to work and my chain wouldn't engage all of a sudden, so I tried to get a bus for the rest of the journey. Wouldn't let the bike on, which was no massive surprise. No lock either as I leave that at work (it's safe, so no thieves can tamper with it, unless they work for the company I work for), but saying that, I don't think I'd have wanted to have left it where I was. Would have taken me ages to get to the nearest train station as well, so I called other half in the end and she picked me up...would have called insurer for a cab but I'd forgotten to store their number on my new phone...

If you don't find yourself in a fix like that though...just ride the bike...much more fun than a bus...

andyfraser

Über Member
There is secure bike storage near the bus station here but anywhere I want to go I can either get a bus locally or cycle anyway.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I can't think of that many occasions when I have biked and bus'd - though I do the opposite sometimes. I have a bike stashed safely near the end of my commute so that I have the option of using the bus if I need to but still having the freedom of having the bike to get around in town. It's only 5 mins walk to the bus stop and I know from cycling to the co-op by the bus stop that by the time you lock up the bike it's not much quicker than walking and so I would only bother if grabbing something really heavy.

I tend to do the bus/bike thing when I'm tired/ill/got something on that I'm getting a lift to or from or if there is a problem with the main bike. As it isn't that often the bike needs to be securely stored in between. Another friend has offered his garage if I want a different location.

cd365

Guru
I do not use public transport anymore!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think we are being a little unfair to the OP, we don't know the distances involved in either cycling to the bus stop or how long the journey by bus is and no idea of how experienced they are. There is always talk about how to get more people cycling but if the distance they need to cover is too far and they want to use a bus to be able to do that journey then why not.

Top Bottom