Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where do you go to receive all this attention?

People laying hands on you and approaching you and your kids?

No wonder you have a problem with people who don't wear masks!

Of course this behaviour isn't acceptable and I would kick off if someone did the same to me but I don't spout on about being a fool or an insect either.

I'm sure you do 'know what you're doing '.:rolleyes:
He talked about one instance not a series of them, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Perhaps he actually mixes with people who are not all of the same opinion as him. Some people do.

Milzy

Guru
He talked about one instance not a series of them, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good argument.

Perhaps he actually mixes with people who are not all of the same opinion as him. Some people do.
We have to mix with people with other opinions don’t we? We are told that Christians Jews & Muslims can all live together happily instead of having ghettos of different races after all.
The human race needs more tolerance.

Not quite sure why you are concerned but what facts have I got wrong?

The fella clearly thinks people who don't wear masks are fools and has referred to them as insects.

Johnno260

Veteran
I'm not anti vax at all, I had both jabs a while ago, what I am is anti being called a fool and being referred to as an insect because I no longer want to wear a mask.

So I can only comment on this forum if I agree with what you say?

I never said don’t comment.

With masks there is credible science that says they’re helpful and it’s still recommended.

People think I’m a fool for wearing one that’s their opinion, and I’m welcome to my own, I’m not the one being vocal in a public place about it and challenging others though.

As for the insect comment, I said people could learn from hive insects, I didn’t say they were one, so nice cherry picking there.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
I never said don’t comment.

With masks there is credible science that says they’re helpful and it’s still recommended.

People think I’m a fool for wearing one that’s their opinion, and I’m welcome to my own, I’m not the one being vocal in a public place about it and challenging others though.

As for the insect comment, I said people could learn from hive insects, I didn’t say they were one.
Some people believe in God & others don’t it’s the same for masks. Why can’t people be as tolerant to mask beliefs as they are to religious beliefs?

Johnno260

Veteran
Some people believe in God & others don’t it’s the same for masks. Why can’t people be as tolerant to mask beliefs as they are to religious beliefs?

I did say I personally don’t care, it’s people’s opinion but like I said I have been called a fool and I’m allowed my opinion doesn’t mean I don’t tolerate others choices.

I just happen to have had naff experiences with anti maskers so it’s not like I’m going to be warm at fuzzy towards them, you don’t see me getting in someone’s face saying hey I’m going to force this mask over your face.

purpan

I’d say the key difference is that it doesn’t affect other people (usually) if someone chooses to believe in a god. If someone chooses to not wear a mask, however, and still mixes with other people, the majority of scientists and doctors would say that person is potentially putting other people at risk. It’s not about the mask non-wearer, but about those in their proximity, a proximity that may include very vulnerable people.

Last edited:
Not quite sure why you are concerned but what facts have I got wrong?

The fella clearly thinks people who don't wear masks are fools and has referred to them as insects.

I am not that concerned, just amused. The facts that I was referring to are that it was one person who approached him in the supermarket, not people, but hyperbole is clearly much more attractive to your argument.

For the record I think that people who don't wear masks are not so much fools as rather selfish, but that is just an opinion and may or may not be proved right in the long term. They are not the same as anti-vaxxers who quite definitely are fools and selfish.

When, in your opinion, would you be happy for people to stop wearing them?

When there's some form of reasonably accessible, affordable and effective treatment/prevention - such as is offered by Tamiflu against influenzas A and B - available for the clinically highly vulnerable who are at extreme risk from C-19 and/or those who are unable to receive, or who fail to mount an immune response to, C-19 vaccination.

Until that pharmaceutical is available, a person who does not wear a mask when in close proximity indoors with others, especially those who are strangers, may well be acting, in effect, as a 21stC version of Typhoid Mary. Of course they may well not be, but unfortunately we have no way of foretelling, or of being instantly informed of, our change in infectious status in real time.

An infectious person who wears a mask correctly, however, will reduce - not eliminate - the amount of virus which enters the environment on each exhalation, and the distance it is able to travel. These two factors serve to reduce the number of people infected by the mask wearer if that person becomes infectious through the course of an outing, a day at work or a bus journey, and is the responsible, courteous and socially-aware thing to do.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Not wearing a mask is - IMO - in and of itself discourteous ( ...) when the unmasked are in the close proximity of those who are strangers, as it is impossible to know whether or not an unmasked person might be exhaling highly infectious doses of virus-laden air in the shared environment.
This is a 'chances' thing though, @Norah. At present in UK the prevalence means mask wearing in close indoors locations and where eg shops ask is a sensible and reasonable behaviour: for the benefit of others. But once prevalence is lower there must be a point where it tips and it's a personal choice issue, and non-wearing should not attract opprobium.
'Doctors', or at least a loose interpretation of the term, were tried at Nuremburg and subsequently, so it's hardly hateful to remake that observation.
'Fraid I disagree, Paley. Those Nazi doctors were tried (and some convicted) because on evidence their actions contributed to inhuman deaths, or their inaction failed to prevent deaths which reasonably it was their duty to prevent. There is no equivalence to current medical behaviours: comparison is hateful.
Medically trained people can be anti-vaxxers if they so decide: but they are not directly causing harm to other individuals.

@shep said: "When, in your opinion, would you be happy for people to stop wearing them?"
When there's some form of reasonably accessible, affordable and effective treatment/prevention . . . available for the clinically highly vulnerable who are at extreme risk from C-19 and/or those who are unable to receive, or who fail to mount an immune response to, C-19 vaccination.
Until that pharmaceutical is available, a person who does not wear a mask when in close proximity indoors with others, especially those who are strangers, may well be acting, in effect, as a 21stC version of Typhoid Mary. Of course they may well not be, but unfortunately we have no way of foretelling, or of being instantly informed of, our change in infectious status in real time.
I suggest that your conditions will never be met. So either you will become unhappy for life, or you'll recognise that life for some people (such as those in your examples) have greater risks and will need to moderate their behaviours accordingly, to mitigate the risk to their health, and stay away from risky situations, just as cyclists mostly avoid dual carriageways. Soon, in UK, prevalence will be down at lower levels and more than three quarters will be fully vaccinated.

Last edited:

SteveF

Popped into the Leigh-on-Sea Brewery yesterday, I thought they had their messaging pretty much spot on...
IMG_20210731_200550.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've seen a few news articles of folk fit and healthy, not jabbed for various reasons, dying from it. One today, so called educated person, posted video of him with the virus, not bad at all, it's just flu, then died just over a week later - wife also seriously ill. She's now going to get the jab. Another guy, 40, fit, climber/walker, not jabbed, dead. It's a lottery whether you will be fine or not. The issue lies in how the body handles the virus and it's well known it messes up the autoimmune system, which in turn goes into overdrive and destroys your key organs.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've seen a few news articles of folk fit and healthy, not jabbed for various reasons, dying from it. One today, so called educated person, posted video of him with the virus, not bad at all, it's just flu, then died just over a week later - wife also seriously ill. She's now going to get the jab. Another guy, 40, fit, climber/walker, not jabbed, dead. It's a lottery whether you will be fine or not. The issue lies in how the body handles the virus and it's well known it messes up the autoimmune system, which in turn goes into overdrive and destroys your key organs.
Plenty of stories like this appearing
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19...sister-issues-misinformation-warning-12373389

Johnno260

Veteran

There was on recent story with an Eastern European YouTube fitness guy, he was very anti vaccine etc, it tore him to pieces as well guy was young and obviously fit and healthy no underlying health issues.

it’s totally indiscriminate.

Also the misinformation sources are churning out more tripe at the moment, they’re back on the virus hasn’t been isolated etc etc now.

One of the main tripe channel from the USA the one that previously claimed the vaccine is 99.9% Graphene is also saying almost all hospital admissions and deaths are vaccinated.

People fall for it as they make the studio look real, and they get people with dubious qualifications to make the claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom