Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a friend - much younger than me, early 40s - who I encouraged, several years ago, to 'live her dream'. She was a schoolteacher in a nice suburban school who loved her cycling, rock-climbing, marathon running etc etc to distraction and had always dreamed of working as an outdoor activities instructor.
So off she went, got her qualifications and got a job. Sold her nice suburban house and bought a little old cottage in very Welsh Wales and just LOVED her new life, learning Welsh and being accepted.

Fast forward to April 2020 and she caught Covid while furloughed. She was ill, but not so ill as to be admitted to hospital, and after a few weeks - although feeling 'hit by a hammer' by the virus - thought she'd start to 'pick up'. Just before Christmas, she emailed me to say that over six months post-covid, she could now manage to walk half a mile to the village shop with only one stop to sit and rest.

Make of that anecdote what you will. No doubt anti-vaxxers will claim - oh I don't know what! But my pal never had the opportunity to get a vaccine before she caught C-19 - and now look what she'd probably have missed if she had had the vaccine ...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Can i just say, in answer to the thread title, they're blooming everywhere!!
And I blame @Fab Foodie because he started the thread :cursing:

One of the main tripe channel from the USA the one that previously claimed the vaccine is 99.9% Graphene is also saying almost all hospital admissions and deaths are vaccinated.

There's a grain of truth in that bizarre claim.
As no-one has ever claimed that any vaccine - not the oldest, smallpox, nor the newest, C-19 - gives 100% of the people 100% protection 100% of the time, it's simple arithmetic that the higher the % of the population who have been vaccinated, the higher the % of patients in hospital who will have been vaccinated.
In an imaginary scenario, if 100% of people were vaccinated, all of the people in hospital with C-19 and dying of it, would have been vaccinated - and those tripemongers would still try to twist logic like a snake twists itself round its prey.

Johnno260

Veteran
There's a grain of truth in that bizarre claim.
As no-one has ever claimed that any vaccine - not the oldest, smallpox, nor the newest, C-19 - gives 100% of the people 100% protection 100% of the time, it's simple arithmetic that the higher the % of the population who have been vaccinated, the higher the % of patients in hospital who will have been vaccinated.
In an imaginary scenario, if 100% of people were vaccinated, all of the people in hospital with C-19 and dying of it, would have been vaccinated - and those tripemongers would still try to twist logic like a snake twists itself round its prey.

Yes I suppose and also age and health status is never mentioned.

The main thing with anti vax is they seem to think, vaccines should or do offer 100% immunity, the amount of times I have seen “This is the first vaccine in history that doesn’t protect you” is a joke.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

Johnno260

Veteran
That's just plain nasty and hurtful - what were they scared of, being magnetised or 'catching' stray DNA?
I'm not sure I'd've wanted to go though; being around all those unvaxxed petri dishes would seem like a risky venture.

Shedding was the reason they gave.

I did say most vaccines that shed its in the persons waste is my understanding haha also the Covid vaccines or especially MRNA type ones I believe the chances of shedding is low to none.

I was going to drive my Mum but not attend as I wasn’t invited anyway and Mum can’t drive, I was told not to come anywhere near them though as I made them angry on a Zoom call, they subscribe to many theories and the one being discussed was the Queens a hologram haha I blurted out least we know where Rimmers hardlight drive went.

It didn’t go down well haha

Johnno260

Veteran
WHAT?
That's just plain bizarre.

It would be comical were it not so dangerously ignorant; you have my sympathy. Your family members clearly need help of some sort.

We fell out quite spectacularly, Mainly due to their views on healthcare workers which I just can’t abide especially as my wife’s a nurse.

I would imagine it’s quite common, I know an ex work colleague who has fallen down the rabbit hole and rubbed friends and family the wrong way.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Shedding was the reason they gave.

I did say most vaccines that shed its in the persons waste is my understanding haha also the Covid vaccines or especially MRNA type ones I believe the chances of shedding is low to none.

I was going to drive my Mum but not attend as I wasn’t invited anyway and Mum can’t drive, I was told not to come anywhere near them though as I made them angry on a Zoom call, they subscribe to many theories and the one being discussed was the Queens a hologram haha I blurted out least we know where Rimmers hardlight drive went.

It didn’t go down well haha
Sounds like a family you need to get out of!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's just plain nasty and hurtful - what were they scared of, being magnetised or 'catching' stray DNA?
I'm not sure I'd've wanted to go though; being around all those unvaxxed petri dishes would seem like a risky venture.

Better 5g reception I reccon and the ability to record everything that goes on. I didn't get the upgrade, still stuck on 4g with AZ. :laugh:

I didn't get the upgrade, still stuck on 4g with AZ. :laugh:
Same here - but I'm waiting eagerly for the added functionality of a Pfizer booster in a couple of months; if I ask for the jab in my bum instead of my arm, I won't even need to consider getting an electric conversion for my bike - it'll connect seamlessly and silently every time I sit on the saddle!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've a 'Department' at work, full of very educated people, that have a high proportion of unvaccinated. Next to them, the 'other' Department, again full of highly educated people (same floor, no physical barriers between the two Departments) the will be fully vaccinated. Flipping madness.

Reason, one is full of Nursing Lecturing staff, the other Psychologists. Apparently Psychologists are better placed to say if vaccination is safe or not. Oh and our Physio Department will be fully vaxxed to. :ohmy:

For me, the biggest issue is avoiding long covid - it must be devastating for someone previously active. Why aren't anti-vaxxers ignoring all those hundreds of thousands in the UK with long covid - it's not a conspiracy for them!

I just don't get the stupidity. Lad on TV yesterday, really ill, ventilated, even whilst still in hospital he was saying he's not made his mind up, has it been tested properly. Erm 100m vaccinations to date just in the UK is 'tested'. He looked fit and healthy but was floored by Covid.

It's a true gamble waiting to see when you'll catch it. It is not flu.

Reactions: C R
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom