Where have all the anti-vaxxers gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking back down this thread I am surprised about the people saying they are being hassled about wearing a mask.
Mask wearing around here has dropped quite a lot - as expected - but it does depend on the time and demographics in the shop at the time

Tesco has varied from 50:50 to 70:30 - the first number being wearers - most people over about 40 seem to be wearing a mask - but no where near all

But at no point have I come across anyone saying or doing anything to anyone who either wears - or doesn;t.

Maybe people are just more polite around here

not the way the local big estates are described - but whatever!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Looking back down this thread I am surprised about the people saying they are being hassled about wearing a mask.
Mask wearing around here has dropped quite a lot - as expected - but it does depend on the time and demographics in the shop at the time

Tesco has varied from 50:50 to 70:30 - the first number being wearers - most people over about 40 seem to be wearing a mask - but no where near all

But at no point have I come across anyone saying or doing anything to anyone who either wears - or doesn;t.

I'm toying with the idea of going in with a full biohazard suit. The full facemask and filtered air supply got me a wide berth last year.

Johnno260

Veteran
Tesco But at no point have I come across anyone saying or doing anything to anyone who either wears - or doesn;t.

For me it was a combination of a prominent anti vaxer living in the area and having a strong local following who are very vocal and some are known thugs anyway, just a case of poor timing and bad luck on my part.

I don't know whether my Covid turned into long C, but I had tiredness, breathlessness for 6-8 weeks. I was still positive with a PCR test 6 weeks after initial infection. Thankfully I've got over it now and back to riding (albeit from low level)

Your doing well to be active it’s really knocking some people for 6.

also the 9/11 conspiracy nonsense will start ramping up soon as it’s the 20yr anniversary soon.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I spent yesterday evening in a pub. First time since the restrictions eased. There were only a handful of us wearing masks when we moved around the place. Younger people (under 30's) seem to be the ones who gave up on them immediately. I haven't had any aggro, but you get the odd funny look.

On the bright side, 4 fabric masks were 99p in Costco last week and shops are practically giving away the sanitiser. Bought some spares for the glove box.

I spent yesterday evening in a pub. First time since the restrictions eased. There were only a handful of us wearing masks when we moved around the place. Younger people (under 30's) seem to be the ones who gave up on them immediately. I haven't had any aggro, but you get the odd funny look.

On the bright side, 4 fabric masks were 99p in Costco last week and shops are practically giving away the sanitiser. Bought some spares for the glove box.

I've been around long enough not to get bothered by funny looks. I'll continue wearing them in crowded situations for a while yet. No great hassle to me.

Johnno260

Veteran
I've been around long enough not to get bothered by funny looks. I'll continue wearing them in crowded situations for a while yet. No great hassle to me.

My mothers the same she said she is fine wearing them still and will 100% wear one during flu season.

Myself and the wife still wear one in crowded indoor places it’s no hassle it it doesn’t hurt.

My work colleagues in Singapore find all the anti mask stuff highly amusing.

Reactions: C R
My mothers the same she said she is fine wearing them still and will 100% wear one during flu season.

Myself and the wife still wear one in crowded indoor places it’s no hassle it it doesn’t hurt.

My work colleagues in Singapore find all the anti mask stuff highly amusing.

All that strange mask-wearing is fine for foreigners from exotic parts, but we are British and made of sterner stuff.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
SNCF takes a robust approach to stroppy passengers......

https://www.independent.co.uk/trave...r-face-mask-refuses-coronavirus-a9675641.html

Chapeau!

Reactions: C R

Milzy

Guru
I don't know whether my Covid turned into long C, but I had tiredness, breathlessness for 6-8 weeks. I was still positive with a PCR test 6 weeks after initial infection. Thankfully I've got over it now and back to riding (albeit from low level)
I’m sorry you had it so harsh. You’re most unlucky to suffer for such a long time. At least you’re still alive like 99.9% of victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom