Where have I misplaced my passport? Ideas wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
As you are a permanent resident at The Dorchester, then it will be at the front desk in reception.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
In the past I lost one in the washing machine - I stupidly put it in my back pocket after going through passport control. I now keep it in a big wallet.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Jacket pocket you were travelling in? That’s where I found my second set of car keys that had been missing for 6 months!

D

Deleted member 26715

Worth a call to the Taxi company, although you'd like t think they would have contacted you, assuming it was a prearranged Taxi & not one off the rank

Globalti

Legendary Member
Is that so?
Do I not have to go through all the rigmarole ?

It's dead easy online, you can even submit a photo. The hardest part is taking a photo that fits their requirements as it has to be used for the biometric measurements of your face.

Or you fill the form online, they send it back to you completed in a couple of days then you go to the passport office with it and the photo. It's a very easy process and quick at this time of year. We did one like this last Autumn and the passport came back in about two days.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Worth a call to the Taxi company, although you'd like t think they would have contacted you, assuming it was a prearranged Taxi & not one off the rank
Yes, thinking of that. Its the same company we use for any taxi ride do "you would think".
Problem is its 8 months ago.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
In the past I lost one in the washing machine - I stupidly put it in my back pocket after going through passport control. I now keep it in a big wallet.
I am hoping it will be something that obvious......but after 8 months ???

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
In the cake tin with the edwardian ladies on it... should be under the stairs*, on the shelf at the back, or maybe under it... you'll need a torch.

*Or in the loft if you don't have an 'under the stairs'.

k_green

have you checked in other drawers, plus under and behind whatever furniture the drawer is in? Easy for things to slip out the back/top of a full drawer.

Zofo

Veteran
What else is/was in that top drawer, and where have the contents gone to? I would suggest looking at all lines of possibility from there .... good luck!

Top Bottom