Where the chuff is Spring?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
must be spring in kent, we're flying through the lambing! yesterday there way about 80 left to lamb when i went home, that's out of about 300 or so to start with. then we have lost one or two and a few stills so more like 290 or 285 in total

doesn't come without work though, yesterday was 07:00 in the morning to 21:00 at night with half an hour for breakfast and half and hour for lunch. same thing saturday and sunday i reckon!

oh and the signs shining a wee bit :smile:
don't want rain until we're done lambing and we apply the rest of the fertiliser

and that's Ed's farming update of the night! :tongue:
Cheers Ed

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Cycled around the area between Chichester and peters field today. It was not bad and we even had a nice drink in the pub garden in Bosham at the end of the ride - sitting in the warm sun. Lovely.
I can confirm that Bosham* was warm at lunchtime because that was when I cycled - or you might have called it pootled - through it. It was cold the day before though.

*Though on reflection, I went past on the way to Southsea on the Sunday (chilly) and back on the Monday, warm. Took the train back from Bognor and it was chilly again by the time the train got to London.

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
must be spring in kent, we're flying through the lambing! yesterday there way about 80 left to lamb when i went home, that's out of about 300 or so to start with. then we have lost one or two and a few stills so more like 290 or 285 in total

doesn't come without work though, yesterday was 07:00 in the morning to 21:00 at night with half an hour for breakfast and half and hour for lunch. same thing saturday and sunday i reckon!

oh and the signs shining a wee bit :smile:
don't want rain until we're done lambing and we apply the rest of the fertiliser

and that's Ed's farming update of the night! :tongue:
Cheers Ed
Can wee have some cute lamb pics?

D

Deleted member 1258

It looks like I picked the right week for a holiday, its just a shame I've not had much time for cycling.

Slioch

Guru

Here you go....

roast-lamb-main.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
lambs can be cute? well me and my boss don't think so when tube feeding orphan lambs with a syringe and tube down to the stomach and the bugger just kicks and coughs the milk back up all over my bosses leg! and this is in the cold and half dark in a dusty grain shed and 9 at night!

flat out round my bosses but will get some pics of mine if/when they ever feel like turning up!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
9 o'clock. Hardly the wee small hours...

I dunno. The youth of today. No staying power. You'd have been no good in Kinshasa or Soho if you think 9pm is late...
it's not, we keep going through the night. but it;s hardly fun when you've not had anything to eat since mid day and had a minutes break since then either
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Man up boy. When you've done 7 days on the trot in a war zone, living on little more than the odd coffee and banana, then you can whinge...

;)
true, as it is not every ones a soldier. you show a city boy a picture of a muck fork and he'd whinge!
just saying bottle lambs throwing up milk all over you whilst your hungry and tired in an old dusty grain shed isn't my idea of cute lambs!
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I'm not a soldier - I just have an unfortunate habit of ending up in the middle of civil wars.

I was only pulling your leg. As someone brought up in the Land of the Sheep, I know how hard lambing time can be.
yeah, TBH lambing is hard but i have and will go through worse.
just try an average one man band dairy farmers week!
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom