Where to put my water bottle cage on a KMX trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m6mal

where's me bike
I bought a couple of cheapo water bottles and cages, both from sports direct yesterday, one was a Dunlop £1.49 bottle with cage, it was priced at £2.99 but i said i see it on web at half that so she price matched it and the other was a £2.99 Muddyfox water bottle and cage, both plastic tabs came off which secure the bottles lol i used some self amalgamating tape to secure them but not too fussed as 2 bottles and cages complete for four and a half quid is fine considering she price matched etc, i didnt take it back cuz the Dunlop was the last one and probably if i took the muddyfox back it would do it again at a later date and i would lose the tab so may'be this is also a good tip at the same time as it would save a future problem from happening and it does not effect the purpose for the product etc..
OK enough of me rambling on. I thought i would buy these as they are much cheaper than the KMX ones and i could resite them if i bought a new trike to replace this.
I would like to know where other KMX trikers etc put their non stock watercages, pics would be good also.
View attachment 412085 View attachment 412086 View attachment 412104

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
i must remember i dont want too much sticking out as i have to carry it through the main door on its side and a sharp left turn through the door and the level out and raise front slightly to get back end in, it is a lot easier than dancing with it lol. My friend tigerbitten demonstrated this manouvre to me when he came to visit me ..
Glad i live in a groundfloor flat otherwise after negotiating the main door i would have stairs aswell lol
I have had to make my flagpole a quick removable one so i can remove it to get trike through the door.

IMG_2438.JPG
IMG_2439.JPG
IMG_2440.JPG
IMG_2441.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Now for my next trick.....
I got an 8in by 6in x 4in bag and i thought i could make a side bag for trike with the pole and use the belt loop to attach to pole and pole attach to trike. The strap comes off so while on trike put strap in one of the compartments, if i go in a pub etc i take bag and put strap on so i could carry my keys, money and a small canon camera as i have a canon sx700hs with a 30x zoom whilst going round villages etc
I never throw anything away thus cost is nothing to do this project
IMG_2442.JPG
IMG_2443.JPG

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Just ordered a HORNIT Bike Horn Worlds Loudest Bike Horn 140db, my bell is cack, only £18.99 inc postage

OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
Bottle cages fitted with cable ties, one on the boom and other on my pannier rack on the side
now to fit the side bag, the gb flag i got coming 2 for 50p and also got a hornit coming

check it out

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

m6mal

where's me bike
My trike update
Put 2 bottle cages on my trike, one on the boom with cable ties and the other on the side of my pannier rack with cable ties. My sidebag (camera bag) is on my trike now, used some clips off of a laptop bag to connect it at zero cost as my mate gave me the bag. Gonna show wife my hornit 140db horn which came today when she gets home tonight and then i can fit that and then hope flag comes tomorrow and i can do my video update.

Last edited:
Top Bottom