Where to stay at Lands End?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christkd

Hi Tony,

Yeah I hear what your saying! We are sorting out our route this week so will book accomodation as soon as done!

9 weeks of hard training left, and yes I'm hoping the weather will be nice to us!!

OP
OP
wintonbina

wintonbina

Über Member
Christkd, 9 weeks!!!! thats scary :blush: We have 19 weeks and like yourselves none of us are seasoned riders except for the Primera Bike Mechanic who is riding with us( It'll be slow for him!!!). Getting up to 80/90 miles for 2 days in training will be tough & throw in some hills just to break our Balls makes me realise 1, I'm stupid & 2, What an acheivement it will be!
I noticed you are riding Secteurs, I am using an elite, very impressed with it. Are you using the original tyres or changing them for the ride?

Rebel Ian

We're staying in Penzance rather than LE. On the day we travel down we'll cycle the 20 miles or so from LE to Penzance and stop overnight there. That serves two purposes - firstly we can head North from Penzance in the morning and also the first proper day will be 20 miles less.

Christkd

Tony.

It certainly will be an achievevent, so really looking forward to crossing in to JOG!!!! But yes I've questioned my sanity a few times!!!

I'm going to change tyres just before but haven't decided what type yet, there are some anti puncture tyres which may be a good idea!!

Ian, thats not a bad call, I may put that to the team as an idea!

Chris

OP
OP
wintonbina

wintonbina

Über Member
Rebel Ian,

Same plan as us. We are driving down on the Friday to LE & then riding @ 40 miles before retiring back to Penzance for a beer :rolleyes: then starting off early at the 40 mile point on Saturday (hopefully make the 1st day easier!) so we can miss some of the heavyish traffic!

Rebel Ian

A mate of mine who has riden LEJoG recommended doing a few miles on the day of travelling down hence our plan. Everything you read about Cornwall suggests it's the hardest part of the route so shortening the first day/couple of days is a good idea.

I stayed nearby at Sennen Cove at the Old Success Inn

It is a terrible place - lots of friendly locals who sing songs and serve you good food whilst making you drink lots of Doom Bar bitter.

Top Bottom