Where were you 25 years ago when Ceausescu was killed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
So your butler is actually Gareth Southgate? Or have you got more than one? I've lost track.
He's got Chris Waddle as well.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Xmas '89. Let me think. I was 25. I should think that both of my parents were totally wasted, my younger sister was probably in bed with some oik and I was doing the dishes, looking after the animals, keeping the house vaguely tidy and counting the minutes to taking the Grandparents home and doing a bunk. I managed to disappear off the face of the earth for a full 2 years after that Christmas.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Christmas 1989.... That was probably the Christmas when I stuffed my face with one of those huge bars of Dairy Milk and quickly discovered why you don't do it as I had to quickly rush to the toilet umpteen times with a Dire Rear.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was 7. I remember the wall coming down and wondering what all the fuss was about, but really, more than that, I don't remember much about it (why would I? I had nothing to relate it too).

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think I was phoning The Girlfriend, as the wedding was 5 days away. And trying to get out from under a bushel basket of unprocessed film, back in the lab. I wanted to get ahead on the Christmas overflow before I got married to Mrs. GA. A little stunner on the day she was, too. Oh, and Ceausescu- good riddance to bad rubbish that.

Last edited:
I think I was phoning The Girlfriend, as the wedding was 5 days away. And trying to get out from under a bushel basket of unprocessed film, back in the lab. I wanted to get ahead on the Christmas overflow before I got married to Mrs. GA. A little stunner on the day she was, too. Oh, and Ceausescu- good riddance to bad rubbish that.
Another idiot to get married over the Christmas week then? Me too.... :whistle:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Xmas 89 I had quit my job in Kendal and I was at home at my Mum and Dad's getting ready to move lock stock and barrel to Manchester. I'd got a job as a trainee accountant in industry. I can still remember the trepidation driving down on 1 Jan 1990 wondering if I'd done the right thing. Left behind my mates, my family to go and do a job I didn't really know if I could do in a place I'd never stayed before.

I needn't have worried. As for Ceaucescu, he wasn't even on my radar

Top Bottom