Where were you 25 years ago when Ceausescu was killed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Diana was the other one wasn't it (ta @gbb) we were driving home from Edinburgh to Manchester in a car with only a radio. Nearly 6 hours of the same half an hour of (no) news and interviews on a near identical loop.

We could have switched it off but were expecting something new and different to be reported as time wore on.

Cubist

Still wavin'
At the time I would have been just getting up, as I was on a nightshift. It was the start of a run of 6 Christmas Days on nights. I remember being particularly interested in the demise of the Eastern Bloc, as I had studied Modern Languages and Politics a few years previously. My Dissertation was on the likelihood of the reunification of the two Germanies, and the events that were unfolding were nowhere near the conclusion that I had drawn in the context of modern European History postwar to 1987. :rolleyes:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I hadn't been a creature of habit in the summer 1980 I would not have been able to account for my whereabouts and provide a cast iron alibi that removed me as a suspect from the Yorkshire Ripper murder police enquiries.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Who the fark is Elvis Rene Goscinny?

Significant event for me.

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="welsh dragon, post: 3443240, member]Actually Mr WD asked me if it was Monday.[/QUOTE]
Time doesn't drag that much in your company does it? :biggrin:

Top Bottom