Where were you 25 years ago when Ceausescu was killed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ern1e

Über Member
I have a hard enough time trying to remember what I did last week, let alone what I was doing in 1989.. is it Saturday today?
Sorry but it's Friday as far as I know and I also have problems remebering exactly where or what I was doing at the time ,BUT it was nothing to do with me and I am sure I was not there !!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Diana was the other one wasn't it (ta @gbb) we were driving home from Edinburgh to Manchester in a car with only a radio. Nearly 6 hours of the same half an hour of (no) news and interviews on a near identical loop.

We could have switched it off but were expecting something new and different to be reported as time wore on.

Cubist

Still wavin'
At the time I would have been just getting up, as I was on a nightshift. It was the start of a run of 6 Christmas Days on nights. I remember being particularly interested in the demise of the Eastern Bloc, as I had studied Modern Languages and Politics a few years previously. My Dissertation was on the likelihood of the reunification of the two Germanies, and the events that were unfolding were nowhere near the conclusion that I had drawn in the context of modern European History postwar to 1987. :rolleyes:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If I hadn't been a creature of habit in the summer 1980 I would not have been able to account for my whereabouts and provide a cast iron alibi that removed me as a suspect from the Yorkshire Ripper murder police enquiries.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I can remember where I was when: Elvis died, James Hunt won the F1 world championship and when I heard that Rene Goscinny had died.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Who the fark is Elvis Rene Goscinny?

Significant event for me.

stephec

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="welsh dragon, post: 3443240, member]Actually Mr WD asked me if it was Monday.[/QUOTE]
Time doesn't drag that much in your company does it? :biggrin:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Christmas 1989: I would have had a 3 year old sister and 1 year old brother to look after, not to mention to 2 drunk parents, and my first driving lesson in a few days time. I suspect i was a touch too busy.... Oh and there was a 14 year old brother in there as well, so definitely too busy... :laugh:

Top Bottom