"Where were you when it happened"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I came off my bike (clipless moment) and my leg was bleeding quite a lot (and it hurt). When I got home my wife looked at it and asked "where were you when it happened" and without thinking I replied.................."on my ar**e in the middle of the road".
Ah well-it seemed funny at the time:wacko:

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
The wonder of "The clipless moment"
I managed to convince one of my sons friends to fit a pair to his MTB and we set off to Thetford Forest for a ride. I suggested that he slackened them off a bit as they were very tight....but no - he didn't want to listen to the words of wisdom from an older fatter balder person. Shortly afterwards he came to a skidding halt next to a dip off the path and then promptly tipped sideways and rolled down into the dip rolling 3 times with the bike still attached. He ended up at the bottom still clipped in and somehow had managed to get tyre marks all up his back!
Fortunately only his pride was injured and his first words afterwards were....."maybe you could slacken them off a little bit for me?"
...Hilarious!:laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i did similar once with old fashioned cage and straps as i had pulled straps too tight ! 1st junction i got to had to stop and couldnt get feet out before i toppled over , what a plonker

Peteaud

Veteran
Going up a steep hill on a single track road.

Car came down so i stopped, and fell sideways into the hedge / stinger nettles.

Never got on with clipless and now dont bother.

D

Deleted member 1258

Many years ago, before mountain bikes, we would rough stuff on our road bikes, pedaling across a field I dropped the front wheel into a hole, unfortunately I had my straps too tight, couldn't get a foot out, and disappeared into the hole still strapped to the bike. When I had untangled myself from the bike and got out of the hole I found the rest of the lads stood at the bottom of the field loudly giving me marks, ice skating style, for the fall.:laugh: Fortunately I hadn't hurt myself or damaged the bike.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd only had clipless for a few days, i pulled up at a pedestrian and cyclist crossing waiting for the light to turn green. I foolishly tried to hold myself in the peddles instead of putting my foot down. Yes you've guessed it, i fell off! and in front of a queue of traffic as well!!:blush: The second time i fell off i was climbing a steep road on a hot day. I must have lost concentration, i wobbled then fell into the ditch at the side of the road!:laugh:

Matt1705

Über Member
I had a 'moment' the first time I went out on my new road bike. I had gone to the shops and forgot my feet were clipped in when I parked my bike. Thankfully the bike stand stopped me from going all the way over but still felt like a buffoon lol :blush:

Yogi49

Iv got some on my Christmas list and I can't decide if I'm really looking forward to getting them, or dreading the thought of falling whilst still attached!

Never bothered with them, beleive I won't be able to use them being slightly paralysed down one side of my body. However my OH has utterly convinced me that I should not even try. We were out mtb'ing around Pitlochry when he proceeded up a very short sharp and steep incline on loose soil (it was a bridlepath)... I didn't think he was going to be able to make it to top - more of a grip issue, I thought. Amazingly he did make it up without needing to stop, then foolishly stopped on the summit to tell me it was easier than it looked and promptly keeled over sideways... the image still makes me smile today.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Traveling down the centre of the road through stationary traffic until I could go no further. Pulled in between two cars and un-clipped, but the road had a strange camber and fell over in the other direction.

nathanicola

First day out with them, pulling out thought the road was clear, just as my foot clipped in a car came round the corner and i was in too high a gear in middle of road, couldnt un clip fell off . Car had to stop and wait for me to un do shoes so i could get up out of his way. Then when i got home flew in round the front drive, the front wheell dug in the gravel and i was in a heap on the floor in front of my neighbor laughing his head off.
Not had a 'moment' in 4 yrs since.

ShooglyDougie

Veteran
Middle of Leith Walk in morning rush hour, stopped at a red light and uncliped my left foot and then leaned to the right. It put a smile on the face of everyone who saw it, had to laugh at myself as well for that one:laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've used clipless since they first came out and never once had a clipless moment. After having your feet locked into the pedal via shoe plates, toe clips and straps and having to flick the Q/R on the strap undone before you stopped clipless were a doddle.

Top Bottom