Where's my energy gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pepecat

Have been in training for a sportive next weekend - two weeks ago i went out and did 26 miles easily, and then did a mid week wee nip round the block of about 8 or 9 miles.
Last weekend I did 40 miles - longest ride i've ever done (so far), and ok, it was fairly tough towards the end, but i did it and didn't feel too bad at all afterwards. No midweek ride this week due to one thing and another.
Went out today hoping to do a couple of loops of quite a big hill near me....... managed one loop. 7.5 miles in towards the top of the hill and i was finished. No energy in the tank. Crap.
Legs were complaining pretty much from when i left the house...... i did one loop and went home, though i did hit 21.9 miles an hour on the flat on the way back in a big gear.....

Was the lack of energy this morning due to not recovering from the 40 miler last weekend?? And will i be ok for 65 miles next weekend?:unsure::sad:

On the plus side though, my new water / wind proof works a treat!

Possibly related...... i had bad lower back pain going up the hill today - i get lower back problems anyway, but they've never been cycling related (so far). I sometimes feel sore AFTER being on the bike but a stretch or two sorts that out, I've never felt the back going ON the bike before. Not changed the bike set up at all since last week, so not sure what that's all about.

Top Bottom