Where's the best place(s) to live?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 27 Feb 2008.

1. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

Slightly off topic, but Edinburgh has been mentionned on here. I am thinking of spending a few days in Edinburgh and or Aberdeen, prior to attending a certain cycle show in late May.

I will be on my own, and prefer to eat in restaurants (or bistro type places) on my own rather than hotel dining rooms, not so formal etc. What are those towns like in the evenings. I do not mean late evenings, I would be eating out early-ish, and probably staying in the centre of the city. Are the centres deserted or are there lots of people around?

2. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

There's investment banking goes on outside of London. Bristol, Norwich, Edinburgh...

Remember too, that housing and living costs are lower outside of London - often a lot lower.

Unless you're looking in parts of Norfolk where the likes of investment bankers from London have snapped up homes in Norfolk villages :smile:

3. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

but i'm moving outof sheffield soon :smile:
    not that far away though and probably still popping back a few times a week.

very nice areas in the peak district, probably quite expensive though.

4. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Where are you moving to? Maybe I could come and kip in your spare room for a bit? Bit of a break. I'd have a wife and kid in tow though but i'm sure you wouldn't mind that?

5. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

East, west, home's best:smile:

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

oh it's you that's moving.

I'm moving to somewhere probably around chesterfield or mansfield, somewhere that's got a garage and is a bit nearer to work.
    I'm not moving yet but when i do it could be a possibility, glad of the company tbh :blush:
    you could alternatively rent my current flat in the middle of sheffield and have it to yourself as my dad's hopefully buying it off me as an investment to let out.

7. Not relevant at all for people who don't want to emigrate, but I had to translate Melvil's comment -
    :blush:

8. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

Drink driving is virtually mandatory, there are three Masonic lodges in every village, and if you want to marry your sister, then that's a matter for you. Truly, North West Wales is the place to be. :sad:

9. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

Don't forget, Dom's got to have a job to go to.
    No use him just admiring the scenery in all these wonderful places.

10. OP
    OP
    domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Excellent, what are your nappy changing skills like? Do you like to read the same kids book again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again? :smile:

11. graham56

graham56 Guru

Where i live! :sad:

12. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

Where are you from?

13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

The other side, no doubt!

14. graham56

graham56 Guru

10 miles west of Newcastle

15. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

Great place to come from.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice