Where's the Indian summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The last two Septembers have had glorious warm,sunny spells. Two years ago,the Tour of Britain came to these parts:bicycle:. I remember watching the riders pass. It was about 23C that day. Last September we had two days where it reached a crazy 28C:sun:. I don't think we're going to get such weather this year. It's absolutely peeing dowm today.:sad: I was thinking about going to watch Accy play Carlisle, but i think it could be rained off.:rain:

Tonight it's the Last Night of the Proms on tv,which to me signals the beginning of Autumn. Will any of you be watching it?

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Only in India this year

Saluki

World class procrastinator
No i can't accept that! I want the government to do something about it! :crazy:
Funny you should say that. I've just seen an old newspaper letter (Been unwrapping some stuff that was packed away) about the last person to have fought in WW1 passing away. Someone said that it was a terrible shame that this has happened, WW1 now out of living memory and that the Government should have stepped in and done something about it before that person died. Gave me a bit of a smile.

Sharky

Guru
Thankfully we are not having an Indian Summer. Dont like the flooding, monsoons and the damage it brings.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I predict we will get the back end of the hurricans in the US, as they often travel up the east coast and get pushed back to the UK by the jet stearm, so expect a very windy end to the month

No i can't accept that! I want the government to do something about it! :crazy:

The government view is that your current perceived concern about weather is the result of EU regulations. All Europeans take long summer breaks and return to work at the beginning of September. Therefore, they do not appreciate the need for summer sun shine to continue in to Christmas.
Once we break from the shackles of EU, the government will negotiate with India to provide all its citizens with Indian summer.

Top Bottom