Where's the Indian summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely day here

AndyRM

XOXO
Last Saturday evening:

IMG_20170902_191621.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Earlier this week the Cambridge News changed its usual cyclist bating direction and published a 'we're in for an Indian summer' story. The very next day the story was 'this weekend will be cold, wet and windy'.

petek

Über Member
We're lucky to enjoy a pleasant micro-climate here in the Lincolnshire Coastal Country Park.
Hence our popularity amongst discerning staycationers and retirees.
We get more dry, sunny days here than they do inland.
That said I'm still waiting for that long hot Indian Summer that was being forecast on TV earlier in the season.
Scorchio here this morning but it has clouded over since lunch time.

Drago

Legendary Member
Every five minutes it alternates between bright sun and heavy thundery showers here. The sooner winter hits, and the colder/frostier/snowier/glaciated it is the happier I will be.

Last edited:

BurningLegs

Veteran
I went for a ride relatively early this morning - I love this time of year because we do get some nice sunny periods (although not always full days - you need to time things carefully) but it's not too hot. I rode from 08:30 until about 10:00 today and it was just beautiful, very light traffic and lovely sunshine but not too hot. Wonderful stuff. Since lunch we have had the occasional downpour, so glad I went out this morning!

Top Bottom