Where's the Indian summer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I predict we will get the back end of the hurricans in the US, as they often travel up the east coast and get pushed back to the UK by the jet stearm, so expect a very windy end to the month
No prediction necessary. Straight observation of the "natural rhythms" ...

- 8 days for a snow storm in Newfoundland to come across and hit UK with rain;
- 10-12 days for a New York storm that hits the news, and ...;
- bit flakier on time scales ... but the tail end of Irma is on its way, and we'll get the wind and the rain :rain::sad::sad::sad:.

AndyMack

It's very warm and sunny in Glasgow today, it's not Glasgow India though so I've no idea if this counts as an Indian Summer or just a nice day?

wormo

Guru
Here in Warrington its rained at some every day for the last week. On a couple of evenings the lights have gone on at 6.30. My runner beans have been battered by the winds. Forecast 70mph gusts tonight. We seem to have had a couple of decent days followed by the same of rain since I came back from holiday in june.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice and sunny here. Was chucking it down half hour ago.

Strong gails forecast overnight.

853439de9642a48141007756d5068e8a--gail-ogrady-funny-shoot.jpg

Glow worm

Legendary Member
The weather used to be lovely when we had Fahrenheit. With centigrade it's much colder as the numbers are lower. Now they've started measuring rain in milemeters and it's much wetter too, probably because there are more milimetres than inches. Or something.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
The weather used to be lovely when we had Fahrenheit. With centigrade it's much colder as the numbers are lower. Now they've started measuring rain in milemeters and it's much wetter too, probably because there are more milimetres than inches. Or something.

What's that then? Some sort of metric/imperial fusion thingy?

Might catch on I suppose.

Top Bottom