Which animal can't walk backwards?

What animal can't walk backwards?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CarnageAX

The answer is definitely Kangaroos, have you never read Winnie the Pooh? Also emus cannot walk backwards ... why would they want to?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Rhythm Thief said:
All the fun has gone out of this thread since some know - all gave us the right answer.:blush:;)

How do you know its the right answer. I read someone's recent link to what looked like the answer, but it seemed more like conjecture as to why two animals were on a certain emblem.

No parameters were defined :
Walking
backwards
animal

Without parameters defined and suitable research, no validity of answers can be proven.

bonj2

Simple. They just move them to a less horizontal position.

How do you get from your bed to your bedroom door?

1) but then they'd topple over forwards. There's no argument in this - trust me, they can't.

2_ what's that got to do with it, i walk forwards, having got out of bed first...

Noodley

bonj said:
kngaroos can't 'walk' at all, only jump - so by definition can't walk backwards.

Yes they can. One of them once walked up to me in a pub, bought me a drink, then walked back to his table. It made me feel most welcome.

bonj2

So why don't you topple forwards when you get out of bed, Einstein?

a) because at any given time during my getting-up procedure, if you drew a straight line through my centre of gravity and the centre of gravity of the earth, then it would bisect the surace area i inhabit with the ground, thus there is no toppling moment about my base, and (:blush: because i'm not a kangaroo?? ;)

bonj2

Noodley said:
Yes they can. One of them once walked up to me in a pub, bought me a drink, then walked back to his table. It made me feel most welcome.

then if i was the barman i'd have chucked him out. (a) because he could have knocked someone's drink over walking backwards not looking where he was going, but more importantly, (;) because he was obviously only pretending to be a kangaroo to get free drinks, he can't have been a real one on account of the fact he was able to walk backwards. He was probably merely Jimmy Summerville in a kangaroo costume.

bonj2

whether that's the reason kangaroos can't walk backwards or not, kangaroos definitely CAN'T walk backwards.
if you do a google search for the thread title you'll see lots of links saying that emus and kangaroos can't walk backwards.
Although, whether that's actually true or not I don't know.
Just 'cos no-one's ever seen or managed to make one walk backwards, doesn't mean they can't. Maybe they just REALLY don't want to?

Noodley

bonj said:
then if i was the barman i'd have chucked him out. (a) because he could have knocked someone's drink over walking backwards not looking where he was going, but more importantly, (:blush: because he was obviously only pretending to be a kangaroo to get free drinks, he can't have been a real one on account of the fact he was able to walk backwards. He was probably merely Jimmy Summerville in a kangaroo costume.

His dad owned the pub, so it's unlikely he'd have thrown him out. And he was buying drinks not trying to get free drinks for himself. And he was not Jimmy Sommerville, cos I had just seen him standing on the platform of the station felling sorry for himself.

So there! ;)

bonj2

Watch my link. You'll see definite steps backwards and sideways.

it's sort of more being pushed backwards by the bloke.
it probably can't walk backwards because it has a mental aversion to it, not because its body physically can't do it. Although that one seems to be pretty hard at boxing, even though it's only a baby one!

Top Bottom