Which Bike: Allez or Triban 3?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I just don't like triban 3's. They squeek & rattle away & their owners spend loads of money upgrading them when you may as well have built your own ribble on their website. I don't want a triple chain set either, you don't need a granny ring on road bikes, a compact & 11-28 is fine for most of Britain IMO.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
I have an Allez Sport 2013 cant fault it been riding it all week commuting have been extending my commute every day with this nice weather trying to find fault in it but as yet i cant. 2013 Sora is crisp and doesnt miss a beat and as an entry level groupset im well impressed with it. Only slight floor imo is the brakes which are a bit pony but then maybe im spoilt with Sram Red on the other bike. Everyone loves to slam the "paying for the name" brand etc but im well chuffed with it for the money.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Allez Elite has carbon fork

I've recently bought one and absolutely love it!! Very nice riding position and comfy to ride. Certainly got no regrets about choosing it.

yep, but we are talking allez here not elite, so no plastic forks I'm afriad

PS I have and elite myself too...smashing bit of kit. flaky wheels though!

OP
OP
M
[quoteter, post: 2512782, member: 10217"]Merlin have a sub £600 roadbike with carbon forks and Tiagra if we're increasing the OP's budget :biggrin:[/quote]
Being halfway through my degree there's really no stretching it :tongue:

vickster

Legendary Member
You'll need to buy all the bits, and then pay someone to put it all together. You've seen how much a decent groupset costs - then you need the correct forks, wheels, tyres, handlebars, tape, saddle, seat post, cables, brakes, cranks, pedals etc

I can't imagine it is cheaper unless you can do everything yourself and even then doubtful

Get yourself a Triban 3, even the white one

Allez is a lower spec to the triban, no carbon forks which whip out a fair bit of road rumble.

Take a look at a new merida 901 its about £500 and matches the triban i tink its a sora groupset as well.
The 2010 Allez does have a carbon fork. It also has wheels that do not need replacing every 50 miles.

OP
OP
M
Allez is a lower spec to the triban, no carbon forks which whip out a fair bit of road rumble.

Take a look at a new merida 901 its about £500 and matches the triban i tink its a sora groupset as well.

I can't seem to find any retailers selling it in the UK... Also I really can't go above £300

Top Bottom