Which Bike for £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am currently looking to buy a new road bike.
I have a limit of £1000, poss a few quid more.

Would prefer something different from the "big brands".

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Chris

Noodley

Planet X?
Ribble?

Noodley

Sorry, the hood, trying to type whilst making something to eat :tongue:

I have no personal experience of Planet X or Ribble bikes but they would be on my list if I had 1000 quid to spend:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pu/road-track-bike/bike-builder/bikebuilder/1
allows you to see a selection of Ribble bikes and kit them out to your own spec...might be a delay in delivery if accounts on here are anything to go by but good enough reports re quality.

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/Road.html gives the range of road bikes from Planet X.

OP
OP
T

the hood

Cheers Noodley.

I will have a look at those bikes.

I have a Boardman road comp at present but it has seen better days due to an unfortunate incident involving a taxi and a roundabout.

Thanks again

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Ah...try Googling "Focus bikes". They are sold through Wiggle and always receive good reviews. The only snag is you can't easily ride before you buy. However, I think Wiggle is more than happy to exchange until you are......happy, that is.

Wiggle do a 'try before you buy' on the focus and verenti brands.

Focus aren't such good value as they used to be 2 or 3 years ago but still well regarded.

Boardman Carbon from Halfords is still a good buy at £999. I know 2 people who recently got this on their CTW schemes and they're chuffed to bits...but I guess you'll want a change.

I've ordered a Ribble Sportive - which with Shimano 105 and 'entry' road wheels will set you back about £1070 (I've upgraded a bit -- once you start you just can't stop!)

Can't say what it's like yet cos only just ordered (cue hundreds of comments from CCers about how crap they are and how piss-poor ribble are at delivering!!!!!).

Hutch 75

I've just picked up a Felt 09 Z45 carbon frame jobby from Wiggle on special offer for £877.00, I'm well chuffed with it, just need some decent weather to get out now. I had ordered a Felt Z85 ali frame but saw the Z45 on special offer and they only had one in my size so it would have been rude not to..................

sayek1

Just got the Verenti Millook from Wiggle (reduced to £1020 at the weekend in a regular 15% off sale). Not had a chance to ride it yet (bloody snowing here again!!!) but will get out hopefully Friday night or Saturday.

Looks absolutely fantastic - shots will be on the site in the next day or two.

Kevin

Top Bottom