Which bike is better ?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
For me, the Giant.
It's got the better groupset and I've got the 2018 Contend SL1 Disc which is a great ride.
In fact it's my favourite bike and you can get one here for the same money as the SL2 you've listed:
https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/509/p...isc-road-bike-2018-charcoal.aspx?currency=GBP

13 rider

Guru
Another vote for the giant as I own 2 giants so I'm bias . But the giant has better components but the biggest difference is the giant is rim brake and the cube is disc . But I'd still go for the giant also lifetime the frame warrenty

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
The rear end of the bike is designed for quick acceleration, while the front end puts the rider in a confident position for maximum efficiency and control. Technologies including the D-Fuse composite seatpost add road-smoothing compliance to reduce fatigue and maximize rider comfort.

As a man once said to me, clever stuff. :okay:

13 rider

Guru
Another good bike and like giant specialized offer lifetime warranty . The more research you do the more confused you will get bikes are very personal at this price range you won't be getting a bad bike. Decide on a budget and try and test ride the bikes you fancy and hopefully one will stand out and THATS the one for you . I recently purchased a new bike and it took me 8 months to decide so I know what your going through . I still vote giant though

OP
L

Lauris

Well the giant I listed, it is no longer in stock my size. The cube is still in shortlist and the specialized now.
I don't want to spend more than £600. I know for the price I can get a decent bike.
There is also one from merlin cycles https://www.merlincycles.com/sensa-romagna-tiagra-road-bike-2018-106187.html
But I have never heard of sensa I know they are from the Netherlands but that's all.

I know test riding would be best but there are no local bike shops that stock these bikes.

OP
L

Lauris

In addition to specialized bike I can get it for £480. The price is good considering its selling for £630 in other majority places.
Now the question is for £480 is it worth it ?

13 rider

Guru
Yes the specialized is worth the money but the Sensa is much better equipped 10 speed at the back rather than specialized 8 speed for not a lot more money . I have no experience of the brand sensa so can't really comment on them

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think the Promax mechanical brakes on the Triban are much cop, but you could upgrade to TRP Spyres for under £150. Same goes for Tektro Lyra on the Cube. And as usual, the Specialized is woefully under specced for the money compared to other brands, although better if you can get £130 off. Can you really not access a Specialized dealer for a try? You must live on the moon?!

Last edited:
OP
L

Lauris

Decided not to go with it. The giant bike I linked was the only one that had what I wanted. Under £600 with full tiagra groupset. But they don't hav my size anymore
I will continue to wait for some sort of discount ^_^

Top Bottom