Which bike is better ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
For me, the Giant.
It's got the better groupset and I've got the 2018 Contend SL1 Disc which is a great ride.
In fact it's my favourite bike and you can get one here for the same money as the SL2 you've listed:
https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/509/p...isc-road-bike-2018-charcoal.aspx?currency=GBP

13 rider

Guru
Another vote for the giant as I own 2 giants so I'm bias . But the giant has better components but the biggest difference is the giant is rim brake and the cube is disc . But I'd still go for the giant also lifetime the frame warrenty

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
The rear end of the bike is designed for quick acceleration, while the front end puts the rider in a confident position for maximum efficiency and control. Technologies including the D-Fuse composite seatpost add road-smoothing compliance to reduce fatigue and maximize rider comfort.

As a man once said to me, clever stuff. :okay:

13 rider

Guru
Another good bike and like giant specialized offer lifetime warranty . The more research you do the more confused you will get bikes are very personal at this price range you won't be getting a bad bike. Decide on a budget and try and test ride the bikes you fancy and hopefully one will stand out and THATS the one for you . I recently purchased a new bike and it took me 8 months to decide so I know what your going through . I still vote giant though

OP
OP
L

Lauris

Well the giant I listed, it is no longer in stock my size. The cube is still in shortlist and the specialized now.
I don't want to spend more than £600. I know for the price I can get a decent bike.
There is also one from merlin cycles https://www.merlincycles.com/sensa-romagna-tiagra-road-bike-2018-106187.html
But I have never heard of sensa I know they are from the Netherlands but that's all.

I know test riding would be best but there are no local bike shops that stock these bikes.

OP
OP
L

Lauris

In addition to specialized bike I can get it for £480. The price is good considering its selling for £630 in other majority places.
Now the question is for £480 is it worth it ?

13 rider

Guru
Yes the specialized is worth the money but the Sensa is much better equipped 10 speed at the back rather than specialized 8 speed for not a lot more money . I have no experience of the brand sensa so can't really comment on them

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't think the Promax mechanical brakes on the Triban are much cop, but you could upgrade to TRP Spyres for under £150. Same goes for Tektro Lyra on the Cube. And as usual, the Specialized is woefully under specced for the money compared to other brands, although better if you can get £130 off. Can you really not access a Specialized dealer for a try? You must live on the moon?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lauris

Decided not to go with it. The giant bike I linked was the only one that had what I wanted. Under £600 with full tiagra groupset. But they don't hav my size anymore
I will continue to wait for some sort of discount ^_^

Top Bottom