Which clothing do you dislike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 5260834, member: 9609"]Not always - I just wear what evers bought for me, not that I give a bugger anyway, but it certainly not my business in what I'm wearing, any complaints or critism need to be addressed to management.[/QUOTE]
That just means you've chosen to abdicate from, or outsource, the responsibility. Which, if that's what you choose to do, is your business.

U

User169

[QUOTE 5260834, member: 9609"]Not always - I just wear what evers bought for me, not that I give a bugger anyway, but it certainly not my business in what I'm wearing, any complaints or critism need to be addressed to management.[/QUOTE]

Don’t believe you!

Gendered clothes for children, especially pink glittery princess bullshit for little girls.
Equally annoying is the wall of blue and, at a pinch, beige for boys - although they do at at least have the advantage that clothes deemed to be 'for boys' tend to be better sized, designed more with comfort in mind, and constructed more sturdily to allow for actual play.

My youngest is in need of a pair of new shoes and we were looking online at some rather splendid sequinned trainers but he's decided against them, because 'if I wear them then even more people will assume I'm a girl and they will believe me even less when I tell them that I'm just a boy with long hair'.

Personally I don't really 'do' pink or frilly or heels, have a more-or-less uniform of jeans-anna-Tshapedshirt, and tend towards the pragmatic in my clothes purchasing. Hand wash/dry clean only are things that happen in other people's lives. I don't think I own a wooly jumper, because it's never cold enough to warrant one. I have a fleece or two, but no coat because coats are really bloody expensive and I can't bring myself to spend that much on something that won't fit properly anyway, since I've never found a proper functional coat designed for a short lardarse.

Other people make different choices, and like different things. The world keeps turning.

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 5260880, member: 10119"]Equally annoying is the wall of blue and, at a pinch, beige for boys - although they do at at least have the advantage that clothes deemed to be 'for boys' tend to be better sized, designed more with comfort in mind, and constructed more sturdily to allow for actual play.[/QUOTE]
I think boys also get more positive messages when it comes to slogans on clothes. They get things like 'clever', 'explorer', 'scientist' etc while girls get 'pretty', 'princess', 'cute' and so on. At the moment we tend to buy all her clothes online from the Scandinavian suppliers. We just got this adorable puffin dress

duns_blue_puffin_sleeveless_dress_new.jpg

But this is a thread for clothes we don't like...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I think boys also get more positive messages when it comes to slogans on clothes. They get things like 'clever', 'explorer', 'scientist' etc while girls get 'pretty', 'princess', 'cute' and so on. At the moment we tend to buy all her clothes online from the Scandinavian suppliers. We just got this adorable puffin dress

View attachment 411719

I don't like it!!!

I do really

Yeah... but puffins are cool, wherever you find 'em. Have you encoutered this lot https://letclothesbeclothes.uk/ before? Also, I heartily recommend trying to insert yourself into a hand-me-down chain - we've had stuff from three separate families head our way regularly over the years (sometimes with things heading out and back in again - in fact the SmallestCub and I have just sorted out his clothes for the next year or so by going through some of the more recent bin bags full of freebies) and it works well. The EldestCub loved his pink flowery wellies - it would never have occurred to me to buy them, because pink. I don't like pink for me so why would I buy it for someone else? His Bedstemor hated them, mind... sort of back on topic :smile:

winjim

Smash the cistern
[QUOTE 5260966, member: 10119"]Yeah... but puffins are cool, wherever you find 'em. Have you encoutered this lot https://letclothesbeclothes.uk/ before? Also, I heartily recommend trying to insert yourself into a hand-me-down chain - we've had stuff from three separate families head our way regularly over the years (sometimes with things heading out and back in again - in fact the SmallestCub and I have just sorted out his clothes for the next year or so by going through some of the more recent bin bags full of freebies) and it works well. The EldestCub loved his pink flowery wellies - it would never have occurred to me to buy them, because pink. I don't like pink for me so why would I buy it for someone else? His Bedstemor hated them, mind... sort of back on topic :smile:[/QUOTE]
We've had a few hand me downs but to be honest, for girl's stuff it can simply get too pink and flowery. Plenty of second hand bargains. This scandi stuff is well made and pretty sought after so we should be able to sell it on.

We're totally aware of let clothes be clothes, and PinkStinks, and Man vs Pink...

U

User169

Judgy pants. I hate 'em.

Smartypants more your style?

Underpants! I can't believe I've missed an opportunity to share one of my most absolute favourite blog posts ever!
The Underpants Rule is simple: everyone is the boss of their own underpants so you get to choose for you and other people get to choose from them and it’s not your job to tell other people what to do and it’s not their job to tell you what to do. [...] Of course telling you that you should follow the Underpants Rule is, in fact, breaking the Underpants Rule which is pesky, so let me instead make a case for the Underpants Rule and then you can make your own choice.
https://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/yup-its-the-underpants-rule/

swee'pea99

Legendary Member

View attachment 411719

Absolutely top dress! I'm quite tempted, and I'm 57. And a man toboot.

Top Bottom