Which clothing do you dislike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Not clothing but lack of it. No socks.

Especially with trousers that are way too short and teamed with what I would call dress shoes.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
loafers.jpg
These...… and no socks. It's just plain wrong, FFS.

TVC

Onesies worn by anyone over the age of 5

Speedo’s look just fine when worn by Tom
Daley and his diving colleagues
With you on the speedos. Being a man in his 50s I am considerate to others and wear baggy knee length swimmers, and a shirt until the moment I enter the water. On our recent holiday in the sun I had to endure several rotund German men sporting swimwear that showed every pimple. Not good.

The interesting thing about Tom Daley as a man, is that when you see him tensing on the diving board in his speedos with his glistening, taught body, perfect teeth and great hair, you realise how inadiquate Cosmopolitan wants every average woman to feel, every day.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
With you on the speedos. Being a man in his 50s I am considerate to others and wear baggy knee length swimmers, and a shirt until the moment I enter the water. On our recent holiday in the sun I had to endure several rotund German men sporting swimwear that showed every pimple. Not good.

The interesting thing about Tom Daley as a man, is that when you see him tensing on the diving board in his speedos with his glistening, taught body, perfect teeth and great hair, you realise how inadiquate Cosmopolitan wants every average woman to feel, every day.
If it's any consolation, I'm sure he makes plenty of men feel totally inadequate too. Anyway, magazines exist to sell advertising. The main purpose of advertising is to make you feel dissatisfied with what you have, or have not. That's their job. I don't think it's gender specific.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Have to confess I was completely surprised by the reported antipathy to Speedos. I've always just regarded them as swimming trunks.

I have no problem with clothes, other than the ones that appear in spreads in the Guardian weekend magazine, when the trousers are £414 and the shirt is £220.

TVC

If it's any consolation, I'm sure he makes plenty of men feel totally inadequate too. Anyway, magazines exist to sell advertising. The main purpose of advertising is to make you feel dissatisfied with what you have, or have not. That's their job. I don't think it's gender specific.
My bad wording, I meant to suggest that he makes men feel inadiquate the same way that women's magazines have done for females for years. Men's journals are catching up. Bizaar experience the other day, I was in Boots buying shaving gel, I was looking at a shelf with a range of shaving lubricants and I didn't recognise any of the packaging. Then I realised I was looking at body shaving products, a whole bloody shelf of them. When did that happen?

Men are now being made to feel as imperfect and substandard as women have had to endure forever, they will be after the children next.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My bad wording, I meant to suggest that he makes men feel inadiquate the same way that women's magazines have done for females for years. Men's journals are catching up. Bizaar experience the other day, I was in Boots buying shaving gel, I was looking at a shelf with a range of shaving lubricants and I didn't recognise any of the packaging. Then I realised I was looking at body shaving products, a whole bloody shelf of them. When did that happen?

Men are now being made to feel as imperfect and substandard as women have had to endure forever, they will be after the children next.
Body shaving products are pretty low down my "to do" list of essential maintenance tasks. There are way more pressing concerns.

Top Bottom