which cycle carrier for a grande punto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Virtual DBP

I've just downgraded my car from a nice jeep styled one where we could chuck the bikes in the back to a small fiat grande punto ;)

anyway, turns out that i used the space of the old car a lot more that i thought and now need to find a way of transporting bicycles. must do trips are taking my middle one's bicycle to his cycling club and my bicycle. he is 9 and has a mountain bike and i have a racer.

can anyone tell me:
- what is the best style to get, e.g. roof bars and dedicated rack or those boot things that you clip on when you need them. i will be taking a bicycle once a week so don't think i mind something permanently attached?
- do i need different things fora kids bike and an adults bike, a mountain bike and a racer?
- where is the best place to go to see them (i'm in dunfermline but can easily travel to somewhere nearby, e.g. edinburgh, livingston, perth, etc)?

any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Cam

wafflycat

One thing that I have not regretted is having a towbar put on my car. Towbar-mounted cycle carriers are the way to go. Rock solid - over much of Europe with the bikes on the back of the car, and when the offspring was racing, it was in use several times a week from March through to October.

Whether or not you choose to go that route, have a look at

www.roofbox.co.uk

OP
OP
V

Virtual DBP

thanks...

i had a look at the site and the good news is that i already have the aerobars that fit, so i only need the feet and roof mounted cycle rack.

bummer is that the feet still cost £100 and the thule 591 cycle rack seems to come in at £70.

therefore, if i get the thule bars, is there a cheaper bicycle roof rack that is still good? (e.g. halfords do one for £20)

garrilla

If you want cheap a pendle rack (from roofbox) will do - we got one of these for Grande Picasso, and now its on our Grande Espace, but IIRC it also fits the Punto

Top Bottom