Which E.V ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I ordered a new company car a while back - I narrowed my choices to the Model 3 Long Range dual motor, VW ID.4 and the Polestar 2. After driving the Tesla I didn't even arrange a test drive in the others I just ordered one that evening. The acceleration was frankly silly and I was sold by the charging infrastructure. Its due to arrive in early December, I can't remember ever being this excited about a new car before :laugh:

I heard yesterday the ID3 and 4 currently have 50 week lead times so that's something else to consider I guess. There are rumours of Teslas being delivered with components missing and a promise of a retrofit when they become available too, crazy times! I'm waiting to see if I get a whole car delivered next month :laugh:

That is what most people do :okay:

Something about once had a Tesla nothing comes close. :laugh:

Mike_P

Guru
The only concern is at some point a government will start adding some road charging, due to the loss of VED on EV's. When that will be is unknown, but it wont be long.
It's definitely happening, read an article the other week, flat rate across the country so quite likely an annual fee like your gas upped and downed as your mileage varies and cars might have smart meters relaying their mileage so no major tech needed on the roads.

gzoom

Über Member
@Milzy If you do actually want a Tesla I would order one sooner rather than later. Prices keep on going UP.

Currently the 3 now starts at £43k, Y £55k, and £103k for the X. Tesla do no discounts so that's the price.

US prices went up again by $1k last week, so I suspect a £45k starting price for the 3 will be realised by the end of this year, and inflation isn't even officially that high yet :ohmy:.

Anyone holding off buying EVs because they think prices will fall are going be in for a shock in a few years time. The way EV prices are going (£40k+ for a Hyundai one), come 2025 £50k may become the new 'cheap' price, £70k for mid range, and £100k cars are not going to seem unusual!!

CXRAndy

Guru
I bought probably the cheapest nearly new Leaf in the country last week.

There is a 6-9 month delay for a brand new Leaf- with pretty big discounts, which is rather pointless if you cant get one.

Top Bottom