Which electric car now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Fastest depreciating EV.

There are quite a few non EV cars which depreciate faster.
https://www.themoneycalculator.com/vehicle-finance/calculators/car-depreciation-by-make-and-model/

If you had bothered to read what I put I wasn't suggesting it was true, I was suggesting they were trying to prove a point & then went out to find the evidence to prove, stop being so bleeding defensive, we all know you think EV's are the best thing since sliced bread & you'll attack anybody who dares to suggest different, just like anybody who suggests you are wrong about anything.

Alex321

Veteran
If you had bothered to read what I put I wasn't suggesting it was true, I was suggesting they were trying to prove a point & then went out to find the evidence to prove,

There was nothing to suggest you thought it wasn't true. You last sentence suggests otherwise.

stop being so bleeding defensive, we all know you think EV's are the best thing since sliced bread & you'll attack anybody who dares to suggest different, just like anybody who suggests you are wrong about anything.

What makes you believe that? Either EVs or attacking anybody who suggests I'm wrong. I will defend my points, but will admit I'm wrong if somebody actually shows it. And I try to argue the points, not attack the person.

D

Deleted member 26715

What makes you believe that? Either EVs or attacking anybody who suggests I'm wrong. I will defend my points, but will admit I'm wrong if somebody actually shows it. And I try to argue the points, not attack the person.

LOL I had to check that it wasn't April 1st when I read that, you are currently the most passive aggressive person on the forum, you have a good rest of your day, now where is that ignore button again I don't often use it.

gbb

Legendary Member
What increases are expected? Fuel is cheaper now than earlier in the year, VED goes up a few quid each year and my car is ULEZ compliant. Other running costs are no more than they’ve been (a few hundred a year).
Electricity costs for charging are rising too.

I need a car to support elderly parents who are pretty local. I don’t need to spend 20k on an EV to do 4k miles a year

Sadly, as others have commented, I suspect 'we' will be priced off the road. At some stage governments will punish ICE cars with higher and higher taxation or fuel prices.
As I was in the process of replacing my boiler, I did a fair bit of info gathering, YouTube has a fair few plumbers, installers, experts who have videos with their experiences re heat pumps vs gas boilers. The one thing that stayed with me was one guys comment....even if you stay with gas and manage to keep it running etc....will the government price /tax gas out of the equation to ensure their objectives are met re heat pumps.
Ultimately, we're possibly not going to have a choice, governments may ensure one succeeds at the price of the other.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Sadly, as others have commented, I suspect 'we' will be priced off the road. At some stage governments will punish ICE cars with higher and higher taxation or fuel prices.
As I was in the process of replacing my boiler, I did a fair bit of info gathering, YouTube has a fair few plumbers, installers, experts who have videos with their experiences re heat pumps vs gas boilers. The one thing that stayed with me was one guys comment....even if you stay with gas and manage to keep it running etc....will the government price /tax gas out of the equation to ensure their objectives are met re heat pumps.
Ultimately, we're possibly not going to have a choice, governments may ensure one succeeds at the price of the other.

Been thinking about heat pumps and something I read in a quote , for every £1 you spend on gas you get 80p back in heat/energy. Heat pumps on the other hand spend a £1 you get the equivalent of £4 back in energy ??!! I’d like to see the maths on that? Most of the discussions I’ve seen on heat pumps is that some wished they had never bothered spending the money on them, current climate is costing them and absolute fortune !

Anyway that is digressing from the topic

Top Bottom