Which helmet do I get please help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
no im not taking the piss
The point is, everyone you see will think that you are.

If you older than 12 you will look a complete nobber wearing that style of helmet anywhere other than a dedicated downhill MTB course.

OP
OP
commutercallum

commutercallum

I use a Bontrager Convert for commuting. The top is not super vented like the race helmets and has the extra benefit that it keeps rain from pouring in and down over your eyes to obstruct your view. It is very warm here and I've not noticed any issues with its venting. Still keeps the air running over your head. Also, you wont look like a motorcycle/mountain bike hybrid. Comes in black or white.

Ride
THANK YOU
but sadly i just want peoples opinions on both

OP
OP
commutercallum

commutercallum

The point is, everyone you see will think that you are.

If you older than 12 you will look a complete nobber wearing that style of helmet anywhere other than a dedicated downhill MTB course.

Well thats where its going to be used i have a mountain bike also that use at weekends

D

Deleted member 20519

If you don't mind me asking, why are you planning to buy a full face helmet for commuting? You can get a whole range of nice looking Specialized/Giro helmets for that price range and they'll have proper venting. Full face helmets look stupid unless you're off road :whistle:

In post #2 I asked if you were planning any downhill action.

In post #4 you said, 'No'

Now you say you are going to do downhills at weekends :wacko:

So buy a nobber helmet for weekends and one that won't have old ladies on the bus laughing at you for your commute.

OP
OP
commutercallum

commutercallum

I must ask, are you planning on wearing this full face helmet for commuting? If so,why?

Well basically i plan to use it at the moment on my mountain bike that i use at the weekends and then i am getting a cool road helmet on october wheni get a cool new boardman road bike for my birthday

Ride

Ride, are those type of helmets really that good for the rain? Always thought they looked a bit like pot holing kit, but now you got me thinking......

They are great for the rain. The upwards facing vent is at the back so any water that does ingress will be at the rear of the collar. The front and two side vents face forwards and to the sides and I've not noticed any water dripping down my ears or forehead. Its a great commuting helmet.

Ride

OP
OP
commutercallum

commutercallum

If you don't mind me asking, why are you planning to buy a full face helmet for commuting? You can get a whole range of nice looking Specialized/Giro helmets for that price range and they'll have proper venting. Full face helmets look stupid unless you're off road :whistle:
Thank you for the information i shall get one when i get my boardman in ocotber

OP
OP
commutercallum

commutercallum

OK Everyobdy just to clear up then i shall be wearing one of the helmets which ever one i choose when i do a little mtb and then i shall be wearing it on rainy days on my commute bike which is a hybrid so opinions please

Top Bottom