Which helmet do I get please help me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglad82

Oh you silly boy. Come to think of it I don't much fancy seeing what "pops up" if one were to google "Biglad". Tinternet is truly a place of unimaginable horrors. And if you can't imagine them some one will have found a picture to show you exactly what horror looks like.:eek:
Ha ha, I'm sure you'll find a pic of me with a "massive" grin on my face.....or something like that :ohmy:

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Ha ha, I'm sure you'll find a pic of me with a "massive" grin on my face.....or something like that :ohmy:
I'll make do with the one on your profile. No way am I googling "biglad" just to see what happens. I am already choosing to believe that you chose the name because you are tall.:smile:

Biglad82

Its not all pi55 taking. I started on an MTB, doing single trail, and a bit of simple downhill. I used a couple of different helmets an MTB type and a bmx/dirt jump type.
6105-00.jpg

Both of them had low levels of venting. But looking at the pictures more than those we've been asked to forward an opinion on.
When I got a road bike and started commuting it wasn't long before I realised I needed a more vented helmet. I was sweating cobs. If your commutes only a mile or 2, fine. Anything longer, I'd look round for a budget vented helmet that fits.
Nice looking too

lukesdad

Its not all pi55 taking. I started on an MTB, doing single trail, and a bit of simple downhill. I used a couple of different helmets an MTB type and a bmx/dirt jump type.
6105-00.jpg

Both of them had low levels of venting. But looking at the pictures more than those we've been asked to forward an opinion on.
When I got a road bike and started commuting it wasn't long before I realised I needed a more vented helmet. I was sweating cobs. If your commutes only a mile or 2, fine. Anything longer, I'd look round for a budget vented helmet that fits.

So you decided to answer a question that wasn't asked ? The OP could ride 2 miles to work through the woods for all I know. I don't really care, he asked A or B and made it quite clear wasn't interested in X,Y or Z.

lukesdad

Without further info, we have to work on the average. The average commute is 8 miles. The average commuter doesn't commute through woodland or trails.
I stand by what I said, for the average commuter both helmets are inadequate.

Sorry - innapropriate.
If he went on a car forum and sad which cars best for commuting, a McClaren or a Hummer......

So he says his main use is for his mtbing at the weekend, I din't recall him reffering to commuting in his post and you work on an average commute of 8 miles.

Do you not find most of your posts on this thread innapropriate ?

lukesdad

You know what ? I do a few miles a year commuting and won the odd XC race in my time :whistle: If I wasn't so stubborn I might wear a similar type of helmet for odd jaunts in bad weather. As for the ' MAJORITY' ( thats for emphasis by the way,not shouting)in commuting the term 'nobbers' could never be applied more aptly. :laugh:

OP
OP
commutercallum

commutercallum

thank you lukes dad for being the only appropriate and serious person to answer

lukesdad

Yes the rest of us are all wannabee nobbers.

note to self: must become a proper cyclist sometime

No wanabee about it.:thumbsup: Nothing to do with being a proper cyclist. It was a simple question, I would have thought even simple folk would have understood, clearly I was wrong.

Sarcasm wasted on me but seems Hawk and The Brewer found it amusing, well done !

Top Bottom