Which messenger bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
My bag decided to die last night and can't be fixed. I need a replacement, I would buy the same again but the company doesn't make it any more.
Willing to pay between £50-70+ish, the Timbuk2 keeps popping up. Anyone use one or other suggestions?

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
I got a Timbuk2 a few months ago; I did a bit of research before buying and 100% satisfied with it. I may even go as far as saying it would rate in my top 5 bike related purchases (if I had a top 5 or top anything list...). I use it for everything now, on and off the bike.

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I got a Timbuk2 a few months ago; I did a bit of research before buying and 100% satisfied with it. I may even go as far as saying it would rate in my top 5 bike related purchases (if I had a top 5 or top anything list...). I use it for everything now, on and off the bike.
I have been looking around most of the evening and keep going back to the Timbuk2. What size did you get? I'm thinking of the medium

I have been looking around most of the evening and keep going back to the Timbuk2. What size did you get? I'm thinking of the medium
I went for large - I had no previous experience of messenger bags so it was just a guess. I ended up ordering one from the US as the design I liked was cheaper importing than buying from UK site. I probably could have got away with a smaller bag but, as I said, I now use it for everything - football kit, work, shopping - so glad I got the large as it allows me to use one bag and no need for multiple options. I ditched my briefcase and rucksack. I use my bike much more now that I did before I had it (not hard I suppose, before anyone else pipes up!)

Dan B

Disengaged member
Got a leaflet with the new Viz yesterday, thought these bags looked iinteresting. Upcycled lorry tarp bags. There's a messenger bag on there for 45 quid.

http://upsobags.co.uk

I have no link with the company BTW, just thought they seemed like a good idea.

I'm thinking about one of their pannier bags (just waiting until they make one in a colour/style that suits my bike). If anyone gets one (or has one already) would be interested in your review

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike