Which messenger bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I am after a messenger bag which also has pannier clips so it can be attached to a rack, any ideas? The cheaper the better please.
Could be worth keeping an eye on Planet X - they quite often do that kind of thing, but never as a year round stock item, they seem to come and go, but do tend to be cheap enough to take a punt on.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
They are but the cross-strap placement is unusual and might not work well for everyone.
Pretty sure mine is adjustable, it slides up and down the shoulder strap

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You can't go wrong with timbuk2. I almost wept when mine died. Bagaboo make bombproof stuff and Crumpler bags take some beating.

There's a shop in the North Laine in London-on-sea that makes bags from recycled tarps, M25 or something it is called. Looked like good vfm.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I got a Timbuk2 a few months ago; I did a bit of research before buying and 100% satisfied with it. I may even go as far as saying it would rate in my top 5 bike related purchases (if I had a top 5 or top anything list...). I use it for everything now, on and off the bike.

What model did you go for ? Seems plenty choice, from looking at the website. My Madison can stash a fair bit of stuff and it gets used frequently off and on the bike, however cross strap not the best and adjusting the main strap is a pain. Funnily enough I bought a cheap Decathlon messenger bag and its pretty good. No cross strap but doesn't move much if tight. Just cannot fit enough in it ! Only cost about £7 in the bargain bin.

What model did you go for ? Seems plenty choice, from looking at the website. My Madison can stash a fair bit of stuff and it gets used frequently off and on the bike, however cross strap not the best and adjusting the main strap is a pain. Funnily enough I bought a cheap Decathlon messenger bag and its pretty good. No cross strap but doesn't move much if tight. Just cannot fit enough in it ! Only cost about £7 in the bargain bin.
Not out of the bargain bin:
http://www.timbuk2.com/especial-cycling-messenger-bag/462-4-2001.html?category=messenger-bags

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike