Which one of Evans clearance bikes would you choose?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
As per thread title, no other requirements other than pure self indulgence, this is definitely the plus one. It's through the cycle to work scheme and was thinking of something you would only bring out over the few months of summer, but I've no real experience of carbon other than it appears to draw a number of negative comments on here. My LOC is for 1K, but I'm happy to add to that for the right machine. Nearly all of my riding is on road, but I do have an old mtb for anything else. Oh, did I mention I like a bargain.:thumbsup:

https://www.evanscycles.com/offers/clearance-bikes_c/road-bikes-category

Sixmile

Veteran
bmc-roadmachine-rm01-ultegra-2017-road-bike-white-blue-EV277886-9050-1.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
What material do you want? They have no sub 1k carbon with a reasonable groupset but I think Evans might allow cash addage

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
What material do you want? They have no sub 1k carbon with a reasonable groupset but I think Evans might allow cash addage
Not particularly carbon but the aluminium looked pretty sparse and I'm well covered for steel. Doesn't need to be from Evans, it was just me being lazy for getti g a few different bikes on the one link.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
This
Canondale I've heard of them
Synapse I know someone who rides one
Carbon Never tried it, love to see what it's like
Disc ditto
Ultegra sounds posh

Done. You paying? ;)
Funny, I did look at the Cannondale, I have the much cheaper steel version so thought it might be too similar. It is very comfortable though, so may have another look.

vickster

Legendary Member
OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
They all look pretty sparse if your limit is a grand and you maybe want Tiagra/105

Maybe seek out a Giant?
Okay will do. I'm happy to add to the budget for the right machine but I assume that may limit who you can buy from.

Top Bottom