Which one of Evans clearance bikes would you choose?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Slick, 2 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. Slick

Slick Veteran

As per thread title, no other requirements other than pure self indulgence, this is definitely the plus one. It's through the cycle to work scheme and was thinking of something you would only bring out over the few months of summer, but I've no real experience of carbon other than it appears to draw a number of negative comments on here. My LOC is for 1K, but I'm happy to add to that for the right machine. Nearly all of my riding is on road, but I do have an old mtb for anything else. Oh, did I mention I like a bargain.:thumbsup:

https://www.evanscycles.com/offers/clearance-bikes_c/road-bikes-category

2. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

bmc-roadmachine-rm01-ultegra-2017-road-bike-white-blue-EV277886-9050-1.jpg

Racing roadkill and Slick like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Eh, I maybe should have dragged the slider on the maximum down a bit. :shy:

It really would need to be a better bargain than that.:laugh: Between 2 and 2.5 I reckon.

4. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Ride and decide

Do you only cycle to work on dry days? Are there any of those in Scotland...even in summer?

Milkfloat likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

No, I've got a couple of other options though. Sun shining just now.:thumbsup:

6. vickster

Why aren't you out cycling then ;)

7. vickster

Last edited: 2 Feb 2018
    Slick likes this.
  8. vickster

What material do you want? They have no sub 1k carbon with a reasonable groupset but I think Evans might allow cash addage

9. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Not particularly carbon but the aluminium looked pretty sparse and I'm well covered for steel. Doesn't need to be from Evans, it was just me being lazy for getti g a few different bikes on the one link.

10. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

I have a day off and currently waiting on Mrs Slick to fin8sh her part time job so we can go out for a ride. :thumbsup:

Hence the googling around for a new bike.

vickster likes this.
  11. This
    Canondale I've heard of them
    Synapse I know someone who rides one, he's really fast. Might be down to his bike
    Carbon Never tried it, love to see what it's like
    Disc ditto
    Ultegra sounds posh

Done. You paying? ;)

Last edited: 2 Feb 2018
    Slick likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Funny, I did look at the Cannondale, I have the much cheaper steel version so thought it might be too similar. It is very comfortable though, so may have another look.

13. vickster

They all look pretty sparse if your limit is a grand and you maybe want Tiagra/105

Maybe seek out a Giant?

Or Cube

https://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m7b0s6p8343/CUBE-ATTAIN-GTC-2017

Cost you another 10% if C2W I think

Slick likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Slick

Slick Veteran

Okay will do. I'm happy to add to the budget for the right machine but I assume that may limit who you can buy from.

15. vickster

You need a shortlist...seriously

Your C2W provider will also limit your options

Grant Fondo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice