which road shorts under £30?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Banjo, 19 Apr 2010.

1. Banjo

Banjo Fuelled with Jelly Babies

More interested in comfort than style.Any suggestions?

2. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

I got some baggies from Wiggle. The padded undershorts can be worn with jeans or whatever you want.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Altura_Ascent_Baggy_Cycling_Short/5360048654/

Shop around, you can probably get them cheaper elsewhere now.

3. johnnyh

johnnyh Veteran

4. aJohnson

aJohnson Senior Member

+1 for the dhb's.

5. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

If you do go for the linked Altrua ascents, bear in mind that the sizing is on the large side - I'm a 32" waist, and the medium drowned me.

If you can stretch your budget slightly, Endura's "Hummvee" shorts are absolutely superb.

6. OP
    OP
    Banjo

7. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

I recommend the Lusso shorts.

Very good quality, reasonable priced and made in the UK.

They are a little hard to come by at the moment due to supply issues, but CRC have some good stock.

I recently got the Pro Gel bib shorts and they are extremely comfortable.

If you are doing long distances, I would recommend getting some bib shorts. You'll never look back.

8. OP
    OP
    Banjo

I havent tried bibs. I imagine the straps keep the shorts pulled up correctly?

9. redjedi

redjedi Über Member

They do indeed. They also won't dig into your stomach and can help hold in some of the unwanted bulges :laugh:

10. ACS

ACS Guru

11. Kestevan

Kestevan Last of the Summer Winos

I was in Decathlon last week and they had some quality bib-shorts on offer for £19.99.

They're the same pair I bought last year for £45.00. Exceptionally comfortable and so far so well made.

I almost bought another pair.... but I had the Mrs with me so I couldn't "hide" the purchase :laugh:

12. magnatom

magnatom Guest

+1

I've just purchased my 3rd pair. I use them day in day out for commuting, now that the weather is improving.

13. GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry Here for rides.

14. yello

yello Legendary Member

If you're looking for inexpensive, I could point you in the direction of Ozzo (Mike Dyason) shorts....

www.inmotionproducts.com

...they are a bit forgotten now but used to regularly feature in 'best buys' many years ago. Besides, at £18.35 they are worth a look.

15. raindog

raindog er.....

go for bibs every time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice