which road shorts under £30?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I got some baggies from Wiggle. The padded undershorts can be worn with jeans or whatever you want.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Altura_Ascent_Baggy_Cycling_Short/5360048654/

Shop around, you can probably get them cheaper elsewhere now.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
If you do go for the linked Altrua ascents, bear in mind that the sizing is on the large side - I'm a 32" waist, and the medium drowned me.

If you can stretch your budget slightly, Endura's "Hummvee" shorts are absolutely superb.

redjedi

Über Member
I recommend the Lusso shorts.

Very good quality, reasonable priced and made in the UK.

They are a little hard to come by at the moment due to supply issues, but CRC have some good stock.

I recently got the Pro Gel bib shorts and they are extremely comfortable.

If you are doing long distances, I would recommend getting some bib shorts. You'll never look back.

redjedi

Über Member
They do indeed. They also won't dig into your stomach and can help hold in some of the unwanted bulges :laugh:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I was in Decathlon last week and they had some quality bib-shorts on offer for £19.99.

They're the same pair I bought last year for £45.00. Exceptionally comfortable and so far so well made.

I almost bought another pair.... but I had the Mrs with me so I couldn't "hide" the purchase :laugh:

yello

If you're looking for inexpensive, I could point you in the direction of Ozzo (Mike Dyason) shorts....

www.inmotionproducts.com

...they are a bit forgotten now but used to regularly feature in 'best buys' many years ago. Besides, at £18.35 they are worth a look.

Top Bottom