Which Speedplay Light Action?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrasB

Veteran
I'm getting disillusioned with my look pedals, or more accurately the look cleats (I've broken several cleats now or damaged them in such a way to make the float go all wacky). After looking around it seems like Speedplay Light Action are the ones to go for but I'm unsure of the real advantages to the stainless over the chromoly. Obviously the stainless are going to be more resistance to corrosion but what I'm not so clear on is if there's a real difference to the dual or triple bearing setup.

Does anyone have experience or knowledge of the differences in the real world of all weather cycling?

ChristinaJL

I have the cheapest light action pedals, the chromoly ones. Had them on my road bike since May this year and they've been great. No problems whatsoever, actually the best pedals I've ever used, especially with my dodgy knees!! I cycle mostly on single lane roads which can get pretty muddy/wet at this time of year and I can say there is no sign of any corrosion on either pedals or cleats.

However I will add that I don't ride centuries or anything like that, just 3 or 4 of times a week 15-40 miles a ride (would love to cycle more, but the kids prevent that!!)

OP
OP
GrasB

GrasB

Veteran
I went for Zero instead light action & besides them hating the snow, the snow gets behind the circlip & makes the float high resistance (nothing that a touch of warm water doesn't solve at the end the ride) they're great.

Top Bottom