Which summer/warmer weather Hi Vis?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you think it will do some good, then buy it.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Yes I know what you mean, the silver band. I just want to be seen. Perhaps a hi vis band would be better?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
BF, I ended up with the vest as well, the choice in high viz jerseys etc is limited. Also light conditions will impact the effectiveness, on bright days I find black/blue the easiest to see. The vest was only about £4, folds up small and I only really wear in dusk/dark conditions.

For comfy/roomy tops my wife got me a couple of Craghopper microfleeces from Milletts, they were on offer 2 for £35. They have the longer back(no pockets) for cycling and seem to be bone dry in minutes no matter how hard I've worked on the bike. I'll need lighter stuff for the better weather but they work for now. Mornings I wear a short sleeved merino base with the fleece over top, evenings just the fleece. The vest adds a bit of wind stopping ability(the fleeces have little). But I've also got long sleeved and gilet(sleeveless) windproofs just in case. These are the Montane Featherlight Velo ones, also roomy and do actually pack to the size of a tennis ball.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Did you spot that the vest in the link is actually mostly black on the back? You'll lose most of the benefit of wearing high vis.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Thanks Mac, I will look at the Montane. Think in the brighter weather I will be fine with a T Shirt only. For the evenings I will use a Gillet.

Helen, thanks I did see that but it does have a band at the top.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
bigfella said:
Infact Polaris and Montane don't make large sizes, Parker - looking now!

??? my Montanes are pretty big and the write ups indicate they come up bigger than stated

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
What size did you go for if you don't mind me asking. Is it something you could wear to be visible on warmer days?

willem

Über Member
I have a Brooks Nightlife long sleeved running shirt that I like a lot for cycling. I just ordered a few other styles from the same manufacturer. Chainreaction cycles do them for a reasonable price. The fluo socks are equally spectacular.
Willem

Top Bottom