Which Turbo Trainer ?????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JustDeb

Hi All

I would have to catergorise myself as a novice rider. I dont get out much - currently about 3 hours on a Friday - due to child care issues but I try to push myself to do about 20 - 30 miles. Myself and hubby also do the 50 mile ride at the Great Notts Bike Ride every year. I would love to be able to manage the 75 mile one this year.
I have a lovely Trek road bike and I love cycling, however I am a bit of a fair-weathered cyclist.

So I am thinking of getting a turbo trainer. BUT which one do I get. I have no idea. I think I have narrowed it down to 2 options:
CycleOps Magneto Trainer (Including DVD - £144.99 or
Jet Black Fluid HydroGel Trainer - £139.95

Ideally I would like to spend less money on one, (I have seen some for about £40.00) as I have never used one before and I might not like the experience, but really unsure on what to get.

So any advice on this would be good
Thanks
Deb

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

Ive got a Tacx Speedmatic but I cant really compare it to anything as its the first one I've had; it seems to do the job though. I might be wrong but I've got the suspicion that whilst a cheap unit will do the job; the cheaper you go the noisier they'll become. I not sure of the quality of resistance settings on other units either.

sleekitcollie

ive got a tacx Satori Trainer ( from santa ) and found it very good , although im same as HLaB in respect that i cant compare to others as its the only one ive tried , but i find it to be perfect for all my needs , noise wise i cant tell as i listen to my i pod and cant hear anything apart from my motavating music . . i think price varies on this model from £140ish to £197 . but i do recomend it . but u will need to buget for a trainer tyre as well

Top Bottom