Which tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aJohnson

Ok, so Wiggle have ran out of stock on the tyre I wanted and wont be getting any until late Feb, however I'd really like to get some new tyres asap so will be changing my order. Now I'm just wondering if any of you have used any of the following tyres and can comment on there cornering grip ect...

Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick Road Tyres
Continental Ultra Gator Duraskin Road Tyres
Continental Ultra Sport Folding Road Tyres
Michelin Lithion Folding Road Tyres

ps. They'll be used for racing. I would buy higher priced ones if I could :wacko:

Thanks.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've just got my Vittoria Rubino Pro's (not slicks). currently hanging waiting to be put on.

I've only heard good things about them.

I use Veloflex (not for racing I might add!) and pay between £15-18 each when they come up on eBay. They are not particularly hard wearing and the puncture protection is less than other tyres but they are lighter (esp with latex tubes) and give a good ride except on really bumpy roads.

Worth checking out esp if you get a worn pair cheap.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've used Gatorskins and Lithions, and I wouldn't use Gators again, it would have to be the Lithions for me.

buddha

Veteran
The Vittoria's grip pretty well in the wet. I use the Rubino Pro and Diamante Pro, but have not tried Rubino Pro Slick. I guess it's down to the 'side' pattern, which obviously isn't on the slick. For speed the Diamante Pro is best - there was a noticeable difference between them and my michelins.
Ribble are selling both pretty cheap at the moment.

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Cheers all. Think I may go with the Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick tyres as I've only heard good comments on them.

Top Bottom