White rose classic...... general cheering up needed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
andyfromotley

andyfromotley

I did it i did it i really really did it.

Got round ok made it up all the hills (even langbar!), One of the most physically testing things i've ever done. Metally tough too. Am knackered and off for a kip!

How did the rest off you get on?

Andy

Hugo15

Über Member
Really good day out. I did the middle 133kms route. Made it up Langbar at a crawl but was determined to get up after walking last year. Legs feel a little heavy now!

Bloody good event !

Really well organised, friendly and helpful marshals and volunteers
- even the guy printing-out the certificate at the end thought to glance at it, note my name and hand it to me with a comment of 'Well done, Andy, good time' : a little thoughtful touch and the whole event had quite a few similar ones.

A good route, great weather - although I'm a bit on the pink side now...

I went to Italy last week, did 330miles over 5 100K+ days including Friday and then a plane back in the evening, didn't get home until the early hours yesterday (Saturday).
Perhaps this wasn't the classic preparation
icon_rolleyes.gif

The riding imght have been good conditioning, but the late night made me feel terrible yesterday and 'tapering' consisted of rebuilding the bike and attempting to laze about yesterday.
So this morning I felt stiff and tired before I got out of bed.

Those climbs early on past the reservoirs were a bit alarming, coming so early and I was feeling tired and weak, too many miles in my legs from Italy, for most of the first 50 miles.
Then things improved, but it was a bloody long way and some seriously sapping hills, like Langbar near the end.

Was pushing at the finish, trying to get under the 8 hours and managed 7:58, so happy with that. My computer had ride time of 7:47, so seems I'm getting better at not lurking in the feedstations !

The only thing that was disappointing was watching some ape, riding with a big group from Hambledon RC, but in black&red 'The House Designer' kit, take a bottle of water out of his back pocket, ride no-hands and empty it into his bike bottle, then fling the empty plastic bottle over the hedge.
I was too far behind to say anything at the time, but saw him later at a feedstop and he's number 750
Whoever you are - you're a complete pillock !
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif
icon_evil.gif

ash68

agree with the above posts. Had a great day out in yorkshire, lovely weather, great scenery and the event was organized brilliantly. It must be a really long hard day for all the organisers, marshalls,time keepers and helpers. But everyone I met was helpfull ,chatty and very friendly. A big thank you to all involved and a huge pat on the back for them. i did the long route, got round ok but it was a tough ride and I can feel the old muscles complaining this morning!!I did the Etape du Dales a few weeks ago which went over many of the same climbs, I think this helped as I new what to expect and just took it really steady. I got round in 7hrs 47 mins which will do me fine. I'm no racing whippet, can't keep up with the fast lads, but enjoy the ride at my own pace.

ash68

forgot to say ,had my cyclechat top on., a black and orange one with my long sleeves rolled up for a cooling effect. Didn't see any others out there yesterday, unless you all past me in a whirlwind of speed...

Monty

White Rose Litter Bugs......

I totally agree with wot you said, i had the hammer down most of the way round but still managed to find somewhere stuff my rubbish without making a mess of the countryside upon which i came to ride. I saw someone throw a gel sachet away just ahead of me, i caught him and bollocked him, i should of took his number, otherwise a great day.

haggard rider

ash68 said:
forgot to say ,had my cyclechat top on., a black and orange one with my long sleeves rolled up for a cooling effect. Didn't see any others out there yesterday, unless you all past me in a whirlwind of speed...

Spotted you at some point but was having a bad day so too busy managing the mind/body conflict to do anything other than mutter something about forums.

Well done everyone, sorry I couldn't join you.Hopefully be there next year.

Hot wasn't it?

Top Bottom