Who’s done a Shirley Valentine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm quite comfortable in my own company and it has never bothered me to take off for a weekend alone. I'm another who isn't bothered if I dine on my own, and if anyone nearby thinks that's odd, that's their problem.

subaqua

What’s the point
NoW = News of the World. They used to make a lot of stuff up.

I wish it had been a figment of imagination.

And what tagline ?

Mrs Sub saw similar behaviour towards me on Saturday when I took her away to a nice Spa in Sussex (part of our plan to sort out things that had come to a head late last year) she was goggle eyed at the look I was given and then how I was followed by what she described as a cougar . She knows I won’t do anything since we had a good talk at NewYear.

Tin Pot

Guru
I’ve got a weekend off coming up, I’ve booked my flights & accommodation...just trying to decide what I want to do. Read...sunbathe...check out the local sight seeing....sleep!

Anyone else been on holiday alone?

Yes, in fact I went around the world alone.

Come join me in the French Alps. They’re amazing in season. I’m off on me todd weekend after next, could pick you up from Geneva.

subaqua

What’s the point
Your posts about yourself are always good for a laugh.

Glad you like the truth then . I don’t care if people laugh at or with me .
Laughing is good for you ..
As long as they don’t have face like a smacked bum .

More people should try laughing .

And as for OP. Do what makes you happy .

Tin Pot

Guru
Glad you like the truth then . I don’t care if people laugh at or with me .
Laughing is good for you ..
As long as they don’t have face like a smacked bum .

More people should try laughing .

And as for OP. Do what makes you happy .

Hey, it’s good to open up. But sometimes people don’t like what they’re hearing. That’s the trade off.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I wish it had been a figment of imagination.

And what tagline ?

Mrs Sub saw similar behaviour towards me on Saturday when I took her away to a nice Spa in Sussex (part of our plan to sort out things that had come to a head late last year) she was goggle eyed at the look I was given and then how I was followed by what she described as a cougar . She knows I won’t do anything since we had a good talk at NewYear.
I think your "sig" is what the NoW reference was about. So your response to fading in to the background having been offeed a threesome didn't match below. I think. The whole thread got a bit bizarre for me and yours was the icing on the cake!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

subaqua

What’s the point
Hey, it’s good to open up. But sometimes people don’t like what they’re hearing. That’s the trade off.

At the risk of going off topic ( although Shirley Valentine was a naughty girl - but I suppose it’s ok when shoe is on other foot and it’s “ romantic” )

Things happen we look back at later and go “ why the hell did I do that “ thankfully Mrs Sub didn’t react horribly and we sorted things out. She is intrigued as to why me especially after witnessing Saturday events .

Again dunno if the OP is married / in relationship but if they are . Think carefully . I should have . But didn’t .

subaqua

What’s the point
I think your "sig" is what the NoW reference was about. So your response to fading in to the background having been offeed a threesome didn't match below. I think. The whole thread got a bit bizarre for me and yours was the icing on the cake!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

There’s having fun in life and being a utter Eejit . Already gone down the utter eejit route recently . And come out the other side with a fairly intact marriage . With a large amount of work to get back to where it should be. Mrs Sub forgave me . Not everybody gets a second chance .

Again back on topic .

Don’t wreck something you have for a few hours fun , think things through properly .

subaqua

What’s the point
As so often, a thread by a woman about going away on one's own and how it can change a person's life has been hijacked by men. Men who clearly have no idea what Shirley Valentine was really about.

I watched the film .. or is that not what it’s about .. not read the book .

It’s not said directly but it’s certainly referred to overtly about ..

Waits for another diatribe .

subaqua

What’s the point
I am not at all surprised that the point of it was so thoroughly missed. If that's too much of a diatribe for you, I can only apologise.

Well I did ask Mrs Sub and she said similar . So what’s your opinion of her then ..from previous posts here when I put her actual words you make it clear you think poorly of her opinion..

Top Bottom