who are pavements for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I would say at over half of cyclist ignore lights so thats over half of the cycling population criminalised = law in disrepute.
I can only afford a move to wales so i figure staying put is my best option.:hello:

Great. So if the majority of people drove without insurance that would put the law in disrepute would it? I think not. In some areas racial hatred is a majority opinion. Should that be made legal as well?

apollo179

I would argue the point that everyone speeds on the motorway. Lorries are restricted for instance, plus some people just abide by the law as much as they can.
What about speeding in towns? what about speeding on A roads, B roads? Loads of people do it.

What about mobile phone use whilst driving? Loads of people do that as well.
Lets be guided by what mr reasonable does. he goes over 70mph on the motorway but goes below the 30mph limit driving past a school.
We are not talking about the lunatic extremes.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I would argue the point that everyone speeds on the motorway. Lorries are restricted for instance, plus some people just abide by the law as much as they can.
What about speeding in towns? what about speeding on A roads, B roads? Loads of people do it.

What about mobile phone use whilst driving? Loads of people do that as well.

It seems to me as though the argument is if enough people do it then the law should be changed. What a load of bollox.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Lets be guided by what mr reasonable does. he goes over 70mph on the motorway but goes below the 30mph limit driving past a school.
We are not talking about the lunatic extremes.

Does he?Tha majority of people will rive about 30mph in a 30mph zone, that is why speed cameras are deployed so frequently on A and B roads. By your argument of majority makes it right the 30mph law should be lifted.

apollo179

Great. So if the majority of people drove without insurance that would put the law in disrepute would it? I think not. In some areas racial hatred is a majority opinion. Should that be made legal as well?
If the majority of people drove without insurance i certainly would say that something needs to be looked at and the matter needs investigating - maybe the law needs changing or something else needs doing , but definitely it needs to be looked at - not just blindly plod on following the law - criminalising over 50% of the poulation.

apollo179

Does he?Tha majority of people will rive about 30mph in a 30mph zone, that is why speed cameras are deployed so frequently on A and B roads. By your argument of majority makes it right the 30mph law should be lifted.
What - whos saying that the 30mph limit should be lifted.
Mr reasonable drives below the 30mph limit.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If the majority of people drove without insurance i certainly would say that something needs to be looked at and the matter needs investigating - maybe the law needs changing or something else needs doing , but definitely it needs to be looked at - not just blindly plod on following the law - criminalising over 50% of the poulation.

I can not get my head around the "blindly following" attitude. As I say if you feel so strongly about "stupid laws" take action, Here's an idea, stand for election on a campaign of getting such laws abolished.

apollo179

It seems to me as though the argument is if enough people do it then the law should be changed. What a load of bollox.
If enough people do it then the law should at least be questioned and the matter investigated.
Your policy of zombie like law following leaves no room for ammendment , re-appraisal and improving the law , updating the law, where found to be appropriate.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
If enough people do it then the law should at least be questioned and the matter investigated.
Your policy of zombie like law following leaves no room for ammendment , re-appraisal and improving the law , updating the law, where found to be appropriate.

Lets just say that were laws seem perfectly sensible, like stopping at red lights I will do so. If I were arrested for opening a hardboiled egg from the wrong end I "might" be upset. I fail to see why you think stopping at a red light is blindly following the law. By your reasoning we should encourage all road users to run red lights. In fact do away with them all and have give way junctions instead.

apollo179

Not by my observations. After all this whole argument is based around what is seen on a daily basis correct. I see only a handful of people obey 30mph speed limits in my area.

Sounds like i was wise to refuse your attempts to get me to move to wales - sounds like a very dangerous place.
Please be aware - i am not abandoning - i have to go out now.:hello:

d87heaven

I might give burglary a go, if we can get enough people to do it then its going to be legal sooner or later......who's with me?

But seriously. There are plenty of routes available to question laws. Is just ignoring laws the right way to go? I bet if RLJs were accountable for thier actions then it wouldn't happen. So to me that says 'as long as I don't get caught then I will do what I want to'. Same with speeding, the roads are essentially unpoliced so some people speed.

d87heaven

Lets just say that were laws seem perfectly sensible, like stopping at red lights I will do so. If I were arrested for opening a hardboiled egg from the wrong end I "might" be upset. I fail to see why you think stopping at a red light is blindly following the law. By your reasoning we should encourage all road users to run red lights. In fact do away with them all and have give way junctions instead.

There is a wrong end???!!!!

Top Bottom