Who do they think they're kidding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

You'd have to ask them that.....they know who they are

kerndog

Climate change isnt about us all getting hotter summers - it's a very complicated eco system we live in. Hotter temps dont mean more beach time, it means more extreme weather, changes in the jet stream and Atlantic conveyor belt etc all have huge effects on our local weather.

climate change is real I'd say - just look at all the crazy weather we're getting here, and indeed all over the world.

I guess the real question is weather humans are creating the change in climate or is it part of a natural cycle? I read somewhere that the entire solar system is heating up

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
We had cold or below average* by a fair bit Marches around here (Sheffield) in 1947, 1949, 1951, 1955, 1958, 1962, 1969, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1979, 1980, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1996, 2001 and 2006. The stand out years are 1996 and (and has been flagged up by a number of people that know what they are talking about) 1969. It's just in recent years we've had quite a few above average ones or like last year a scorchio (and unusually sunny too).

*The readily available weather stats are tmax and tmin the mean average daily maximum and minimum, not the same as the average temperature. However I think max/min is a decent measure for how humans perceive whether it's 'hot' or 'cold'.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Weather forecasters can't accurately forecast what type of weather we are going to get tomorrow, so I cannot take them seriously when they try to forecast weather armageddon in the future. A convenient way for the Governments (ALL of them) to tax fuel to death in the name of saving the planet.

Anyway, it all matters not a jot. Mankind are but a small blip on the history of planet earth, and it is only a matter of time until we are wiped out; whether it be by disease, or by a meteorite slamming into earth and bringing about another blank canvas on which to start the evolution process all over again.

So get out there and enjoy the benefits of the pedal cycle, and the internal combustion engine, before it's all too late ^_^.

byegad

Legendary Member
LOL global warming is just a term, some areas get hotter some colder.
Climatic change which unseasonable cold weather in March could well be attributed global warming.

Yes one of the predictions was that we would get wetter Summers. If last year was anything to go by they may have been right.

kedab

Veteran
1981-82: Another one my parents go on about! Mid December, South West and Southern England seeing 12 inches. North East England getting 7 inches, with 6 foot drifts. 2 days later (20th December) Northern England got 7 inches, and 6 foot drifts. Mid January, there was general snow, with a cover of 1-2 feet in parts. Snowy, and very cold.

i can remember struggling to open our front door that winter (i was almost 6). As well trudging around to my mate darren's house to go down the park and get on the big slide :rolleyes:

beastie

Guru
Weather forecasters can't accurately forecast what type of weather we are going to get tomorrow, so I cannot take them seriously when they try to forecast weather armageddon in the future. ^_^.

actually weather forecasting is very accurate up to 48 hrs ahead, and still relatively accurate heading on for 5 days. Long term forget it.

Having said that if you Just say same again tomorrow you will be right 65% of the time.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Knee jerk society that we live in these days.

Right now I should be living in the Lake District Desert, infected with AIDS, Flesh Eating Bug and Mad Cow Disease and paying a hyper-inflated £5000 for a bottle of wine.

Media + Gov' (taxes) + everybody else who has a Green Financial Interest are a bunch of over-reacting plonkers..

Top Bottom