Who else didnt ride today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I planned to be out early before the heat of the day ....
Son got up early so by the time i had sorted him out i missed that boat, Mrs CK decided to have a lie in and daughter then got up so missed the club ride so i did the housework as it was not gonna get done otherwise.
Visit mum, tip run , Sunday lunch, then its too farking hot for my liking as i have been commuting home in it all week anyway.
Dealing with son who is 11 going on stroppy teenager all day means i have reached for the can of cider that was nice and cool rather than going out and sweating some more.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I had planned to be up and on the road no later than 6am for a test ride of my 110km audax route...

I woke up at 10.30am. #facepalm

Took the dog for a walk around lunchtime. It was too hot for anything more strenuous by then.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Only did three miles yesterday, but more walking (collecting bike & scoot from services). Didn't go out today- though had an idea of getting up early as per last weekend. Never mind, will be getting plenty of miles in next week (Fridays Tour).

Julia9054

Guru
Me.
I've been stuck in the hottest, sweatiest recording studio all weekend.
Got home about 3pm today fully intending to go for a gentle pootle but have been flaked out in my hammock all afternoon - too hot to move.
Sports day tomorrow. Will get a nice cycle to work and then spend the morning stopping Year 10 boys from pushing portaloos over whilst their friends are inside! Deep joy!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Only did three miles yesterday, but more walking (collecting bike & scoot from services). Didn't go out today- though had an idea of getting up early as per last weekend. Never mind, will be getting plenty of miles in next week (Fridays Tour).
Im off wedensday+ thursday although wed is daughter school sports day and jobs to do so the outlook doesnt look good for a "decent " ride aka 50 +

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Me.
I've been stuck in the hottest, sweatiest recording studio all weekend.
Got home about 3pm today fully intending to go for a gentle pootle but have been flaked out in my hammock all afternoon - too hot to move.
Sports day tomorrow. Will get a nice cycle to work and then spend the morning stopping Year 10 boys from pushing portaloos over whilst their friends are inside! Deep joy!
erm i work in an unventilated car factory weld shop , friday i had 4 mugs of coffee and 1.5 ltrs of water and i was still thirsty and dripping with sweat all day

Julia9054

Guru
erm i work in an unventilated car factory weld shop , friday i had 4 mugs of coffee and 1.5 ltrs of water and i was still thirsty.
Gawd, sounds awful.
If the cd I just recorded had a smell, it would be feet!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Zombie apocalypse here after yesterday’s full day. Got home at 01:00 and was awake at 07:30. I had got up for my ride at 0315 so I’m pooped. Despite over 8 litres of fluid yesterday I have still got a thirst on.

Washing dry in minutes. And even making youngest’s lunchbox brings on a sweat. It’s a slo-mo day here at Chez HC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom